Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Well that would depend on what my expectations were at the start of the season so I will tell you.

1. Based on the number of players coming in and the amount of money spent since Bruce took over I expected automatic promotion.

2. With Steve Bruce as manager I expected failure.

As '2' is the dominant factor here then you should be able to work out what my expectations were and still are.

So you expected failure so won't be disappointed if we don't achieve it. 

Others like myself expect promotion so if it doesn't happen we'll be gutted. 

You're in a good place my friend.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So you expected failure so won't be disappointed if we don't achieve it. 

Others like myself expect promotion so if it doesn't happen we'll be gutted. 

You're in a good place my friend.

I won't be in the slightest bit disappointed. I stopped being upset by Villa after relegation. I want them to win every game and be successful but I no longer think about them between games. The last 6 years or so has seen two owners that don't have a clue and more shit managers than I care to count so why should I depress myself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I won't be in the slightest bit disappointed. I stopped being upset by Villa after relegation. I want them to win every game and be successful but I no longer think about them between games. The last 6 years or so has seen two owners that don't have a clue and more shit managers than I care to count so why should I depress myself.

Fair play but you sound in denial ;)

58 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Well that would depend on what my expectations were at the start of the season so I will tell you.

1. Based on the number of players coming in and the amount of money spent since Bruce took over I expected automatic promotion.

2. With Steve Bruce as manager I expected failure.

As '2' is the dominant factor here then you should be able to work out what my expectations were and still are.

So what are you on about complaining that people have lowered their expectations to playoffs, when you’re expectations were even lower than that in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair play but you sound in denial ;)

In Denial is thinking that we‘ll

1 - finish 2nd

2 - finish in the top 6 (possible) AND winning our way past 2 out of 3rd-6th in the table

With Bruce in charge.

Being 4th (briefly) is as good as it gets.

16 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

1 - finish 2nd

2 - finish in the top 6 (possible) AND winning our way past 2 out of 3rd-6th in the table

With Bruce in charge.

I still think 2 is possible. Looks very tricky and maybe even unlikely but it's not out the question. 

If you can't believe then what's the point? 

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So what are you on about complaining that people have lowered their expectations to playoffs, when you’re expectations were even lower than that in the first place?

Now you say I am 'complaining'. Before you said I was 'moaning'. I wish you would be consistent with your confusion.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still think 2 is possible. Looks very tricky and maybe even unlikely but it's not out the question. 

If you can't believe then what's the point? 

Belief is a misguided word.

For one to „believe“, there has to be a „truth of fact“

I can believe in myself getting up from my couch to make a cup of coffee

I can‘t believe in someone else doing it for me. I can ask in the most polite sweetest way, but if that said person either cant or doesnt want to, my belief is unfounded.

I can also hope, pray.......whatever.

BUT if that „task“ that be is beyond capability. it is not going to happen.

It is beyond AVFC with Bruce in charge.

Why do I think that?

Because he has not got us to do or be that what is needed for the task at hand - Promotion

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

1 - finish 2nd

With Bruce in charge.

How fecking frustrating is that information ? You can feel the lack of confidence, throughout this thread ,in the manager ,regardless of if they support him or not . Even when we have the lions share of possession we still look clueless .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I can‘t believe in someone else doing it for me. I can ask in the most polite sweetest way, but if that said person either cant or doesnt want to, my belief is unfounded.

Why do I think that?

Because he has not got us to do or be that what is needed for the task at hand - Promotion

Then why on earth spend so much time and emergy on the club if you have lost all hope and belief? 

4 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Why do I think that?

Pass them Prozac. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Then why on earth spend so much time and emergy on the club if you have lost all hope and belief? 

I love AVFC

my Love for it has nothing to do with hope or belief in the FACT that the person who‘s responsibility it is to lead, direct and decide this team is absolutely F****** useless at it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I love AVFC

my Love for it has nothing to do with hope or belief in the FACT that the person who‘s responsibility it is to lead, direct and decide this team is absolutely F****** useless at it

You're just torturing yourself man. Take a break. Maybe when you come back he has been sacked ;)

• Sad 1

Â