Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We've not beaten any of the teams in the top six yet in a playoff scenario you see us going up. Your winging it mate.

This is what bothers me also - forgive I could be wrong but am I right to think this is the case since he has been here??

50 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

So is Bruce still the right man for you TRO?

Well, I have to say VC, you know how to pick your moments.

I am not sure I have any idea who is the man for us.

The problems for this team are surely for all to see and it would be foolish to ignore the role the manager plays

As you know I have been dubious of the role some of the players play too and he certainly plays a part in that.....I still think there are may faces at B6 who need to answer questions.

I am not going to join in with a witch hunt, to a man who I appreciate has made a contribution to the resilience of the team.....but I am far from Happy, with some of the predictability of our approach to games.I am far from happy how we take the game to our opponents.

as I have expressed my appreciation to stopping the rot, Offensively I am not sure where we are going and as you well know, its ok being hard to beat, but the game is dynamic, not static and if you don't score goals eventually, you will start to concede and we have seen it in the past.....and we are starting to see it again,despite the claims of mitigation.i.e injuries.

There are things to consider that are conspiring against us and we would be fools to ignore them, but some could argue our style lends itself to accruing injuries, despite the random effect of such things.We seem to collect them at an alarming rate.

FFP is not something to conveniently sweep under the carpet as an excuse, it is very much a major hindrance......but I fear, the hierarchy, need to examine where we are and where we are going.

I don't think we are getting the performances from players who are good enough on paper, but not producing it consistently enough on match days...As for your question...... I feel anxious about appointing a new manager, more than sacking Bruce, such is my lack of confidence in appointing anyone to resurrect our club.

ps There is one thing seeing the merits of defensive football and defending it.....but in such circumstances, the team HAS TO defend.......when you don't there is not much sympathy flying around or appetite for it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

If we are going to be stuck down here for awhile (bruce looks like making that possible) then i just want someone i can get behind. 

There's a spare seat behind me:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

We've not beaten any of the teams in the top six yet in a playoff scenario you see us going up. Your winging it mate.

That's my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong. I don't think I'll be changing it because someone thinks I'm winging it. 

Edited by villianusa

Last week his master plan was to swap RB's when needing a goal, this week it was to start Onamah upfront. 

The guy is a plonker.

1 minute ago, villianusa said:

That's my opinion, and I'm happy to be proven wrong. I don't think I'll be changing it because someone thinks I'm winging it. 

I wouldn't be happy to be proven wrong. I think we're all going to be utterly miserable when you are proved wrong. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Same old same old, we beat the crap teams everyone says he’s doing great.  Then we face semi competent opposition and he is shown to be the inept manager he is utterly out of place in the modern game.

But because we beat the crap teams we get the arguments of “look where we are” or “we won the other week”. He should have gone last feb he was shown up then he’s holding this squad back. Any manager who could formulate 2-3 tactical approach’s to a game and organise a side would have this Villa side first or Second. It’s not good enough we won’t make the playoff final if we make the playoffs at all, he has to go.

You are so right - even Dilly Dong - Dilly Dong and his infamous tinkering tactics would have no issues getting this mob to perform significantly better than we currently are - and I don’t mean this as a slight on him.

Bruce is a dinosaur, and we should be doing much better with the players we’ve got. I’d love for us to go for a manager that actually coaches the players to play in a certain way, and looks to improve them individually. I really can’t see a scenario where Steve Bruce gets us promoted to the Premier League.

As much as I don’t want us to keep chopping and changing, I think it is worse to keep a manager that just isn’t working. 

• Like 2

Just now, thejoker said:

Bruce is a dinosaur, and we should be doing much better with the players we’ve got. I’d love for us to go for a manager that actually coaches the players to play in a certain way, and looks to improve them individually. I really can’t see a scenario where Steve Bruce gets us promoted to the Premier League.

As much as I don’t want us to keep chopping and changing, I think it is worse to keep a manager that just isn’t working. 

I was just waiting to see a post from someone with a signature like you.....I'm changing mine to " Batman":)

thanks for changing my mood.

Kodjia covered his shortcomings last year and Adomah has this year. We were no threat in the first half despite having most of the ball. A footballing manager would have seen that and put in a striker straight away. Not wait till 65 minutes to make a change. It reminds me of the mindset of a typical sunday league manager. Wait 60 and we will see if we need to make a change. It's such a dinosaur attitude. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

...and he says too many individual mistakes, that we gifted them a goal and that there wasn't much in it with the exception of the individual errors we made.

Did a journo remind him of the numbers at the top left of the screen?

He baffled me with his after-match comments on Radio WM. He said that he felt Grealish was the best player on the pitch (fans and commentary team said that he was Villa's best player but not sure about best on the pitch) and then he said he thought we took the game to Derby and didn't think we deserved to lose two nil but that's what happens when you gift goals.

The commentary team seemed bemused that Bruce thought we took the game to Derby and, from what I listened to, I couldn't believe he said it either because the game sounded like we had no idea in the opponents half and just passed it around ourselves before giving it away. It sounded like Derby were just waiting to his us on the break and that's what they were doing towards the end. 

He also went on to say he decided against Hogan and Gabby starting in case they only had 30 minutes in them. If Gabby only had 30 minutes in him, why leave it much later than that to put him on? Sounded to me like he would have been better off taking Snodgrass and Onomah off, putting Hogan up top and Gabby wide left, with Albert moving right wing. 

Going to the current best in-form team and not playing a striker seemed clear as day to me that he was simply trying for a point. 

Fair play to him for not using the injuries as an excuse though. 

So after the next game, which will be half way, best case scenario is 7 points off his target. Which means in the best case scenario we haven't closed the gap by 1 single point in 3 and a half months. 

IMO that's worthy of the sack. I think its disgraceful. 

Surely no one in the summer would have accepted that at this point.

• Like 2

I'm now starting to worry about the long term damage he does. 

If we don't go up this year we have serious squad problems and FFP issues. 

Johnstone, Onomah and Snodgrass are all loans

Will terry want another year? Can we afford him?

Elmo, whelan and jedinak all another year past their best. 

Will Grealish and Green want to hang around?

I seriously dread to think what wasting this time with bruce will do to us

• Like 3

Â