Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, andym said:

Big game for Bruce next weekend.

Sheffield Utd are now reverting to what they really are - a newly promoted team who were playing way way above their level due to good work by their manager on the training pitch and players busting a gut to make an impression in this league.

They haven't won in 5 and have lost 4 of those (the other being a draw at home to Blues), so there should be no excuse for failing to get 3 points.

They haven't won in 5 and as you say "reverting to what they are" as you say.

Yet we are level on points :/

Do you see the problem here?

Or are we indeed about to "revert" to something else?

Or are we a good team playing way under our level due to .......... work by our manager?

Or we just "fickle?"

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

So in his after match comments he says he has to find a way to get Grealish in the side without upsetting the balance ....?

Yet he previously said that Grealish getting injured was a massive blow because everything we’d practiced pre- season revolves around Grealish.

Hmmmmm......

• Thanks 2

Like for his promotion record he has never won the Championship and by my memory never been close to it.

The only reason he is still here is because of that record and if gets us up we will go straight back down

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

huh?

Basically he would get more out of this squad than Bruce, I think a tramps dog would.

But in a sarcastic end.. why improve on our  choice of next manager that would be a sure fire improvement on this clown? Na let's stick with Bruce.

Frustrated to f*** with it all I am.

2 hours ago, Danishlad said:

Very strange tactics today.

A very very slow midfielder in defence.

A midfielder in attack.

Two very very wide attacking midfielders.

Hoof the ball up the pitch.

What's going on?

We've been accused of hoofball, of "bypassing the midfield".

But when your entire team is midfielders, no-one can make that accusation.

So that's okay, then.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

We will not get promoted with Bruce. He is suited to managing an average club with low expectations. The pressure of managing a bigger club is too much for him. He is way too negative. The league is very poor. Any team with the advantages that we have should be neck and neck with Wolves. We are miles behind.

I would sack him now. Every game in the Championship is a massive opportunity to gain 3 points. Bruce approaches all of them as though they are going to be a battle. As if any point is really hard won. It’s a nonsense. Teams cannot defend. Attack them and you will create chances all day long. How many chances do we create?.......Not very many. Why? Because we do not try to!

I want a manager to sit in a press conference on a Friday and be positive. Say we are Aston Villa. We are going to attack for 90 minutes. Good luck to the opposition if they can cope with that, because we are coming for them from the off. Instead we get the same old nonsense. Milwall are a really strong side......Yawn!!!! There are no easy games.......Yawn. Funny how all of the games that Wolves play seem so easy! It’s utter garbage. We need some positivity. A bit of positivity could bring momentum that would take us all the way back to the top half of the premiership. It will not happen under Bruce, so why wait! Get rid now! I am bored!

Here - Here 

41 minutes ago, terrytini said:

There seems to be some wild fantasy that in a billion years we could get Rafa.........I’m afraid I think there are probably about 100 Clubs across Europe ahead of us !

Only 100?

50 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So in his after match comments he says he has to find a way to get Grealish in the side without upsetting the balance ....?

Yet he previously said that Grealish getting injured was a massive blow because everything we’d practiced pre- season revolves around Grealish.

Hmmmmm......

There is no balance to upset - Grealish for Onomah is the straight answer. 

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Hmmmmm......

If only his football was as good as his lying... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No, it's still you.

So Whelan is not avarage ? and you think we’ll comfortably finish in the top six - do tell on what basis you think this may happen? Because right now I figure it’s pretty much in the melting pot as to whether or not we make the play -offs

11 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Basically he would get more out of this squad than Bruce, I think a tramps dog would.

But in a sarcastic end.. why improve on our  choice of next manager that would be a sure fire improvement on this clown? Na let's stick with Bruce.

Frustrated to f*** with it all I am.

Bruce OUT

Tramp's dog IN

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

So Whelan is not avarage ? and you think we’ll comfortably finish in the top six - do tell on what basis you think this may happen? Because right now I figure it’s pretty much in the melting pot as to whether or not we make the play -offs

Whelan is above average at this level. But again that wasn't the point I was making. So you've missed the point too.

Yes I think we'll finish in the top 6. We're on a crap run of form and we're still in 5th. If that form continues all season then obviously we won't finish in the playoffs. But I don't think it will. As players come back from injury and we make a couple of January signings I think we'll pick back up to the kind of form we were showing a few weeks back.

That's below expectations. I think we should be in the top 2.

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If we play like we are playing right now for the rest of the season then obviously we won’t make the playoffs. 

But we won’t. We’re on a shit run of form and we’re still 5th. 

I think we’ll pick back up and comfortably finish in the top 6. 

Whether we can then win the playoffs is up for debate. I wouldn’t be too confident but we’d have a chance. 

if the likes of derby are the 'quality' we're facing in the playoffs i'm confident. 2 goals out of nothing yesterday and i would be confident of a fully fit villa beating them over 2 legs

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Whelan is above average at this level. But again that wasn't the point I was making. So you've missed the point too.

Yes I think we'll finish in the top 6. We're on a crap run of form and we're still in 5th. If that form continues all season then obviously we won't finish in the playoffs. But I don't think it will. As players come back from injury and we make a couple of January signings I think we'll pick back up to the kind of form we were showing a few weeks back.

That's below expectations. I think we should be in the top 2.

You’re missing an important factor here - Bruce is still in charge  !

• Like 1

Â