Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Second team yes, but at one point we had two forwards worth a combined transfer fee of around £24m, absolutely **** pathetic, shocking mismanagement at all levels, how the **** could we spend so much on two players like that.

Bruce is not capable of getting us to play the kind of football that would tun Hogan into an asset worth £12m. Dean Smith did, perhaps we should ask him how to coach the team?

God help us if Terry, Chester or Taylor gets injured. The back up CB's and left back cover Bruce has left us with is just not good enough. Bamford had scored 1 in his last 42 before tonight! 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 2

Just now, romavillan said:

Bruce is not capable of getting us to play the kind of football that would tun Hogan into an asset worth £12m. Dean Smith did, perhaps we should ask him how to coach the team?

He's not worth £12m under any manager, terrible overspend, was worth £6m at most when we signed him. Yes Bruce has done a terrible job with him but the worst Bruce has done viz. Hogan is spend £12m on him in the first place.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Was Saturday a good performance?, Good results yes but the performance, disjointed, lacking cohesion even a little boring if I am honest.

Especially first half, result was great, performance was way off first half, alright counter attacking display in the second half though. There were positives, but nothing to get excited about.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Next saturday is the 4th game in 11 days - I get the feeling if you are 100% Bruce out you'd also be pelting him if he'd named an unchanged team. 

It made perfect sense to change the team.  Middlesbrough also put out a reserve side.

What it seems people are saying is that the quality of performance was poor, with little evidence of effective attacking.

• Like 1

Just now, peterms said:

It made perfect sense to change the team.  Middlesbrough also put out a reserve side.

What it seems people are saying is that the quality of performance was poor, with little evidence of effective attacking.

Who actually watched it? I didn't.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Next saturday is the 4th game in 11 days - I get the feeling if you are 100% Bruce out you'd also be pelting him if he'd named an unchanged team. 

The problem isn't changing the team, it's that whatever team he picks from our massive expensive and well paid squad, they appear to have no clue what each other are going to do, where they will go next, where to find space, how to keep the ball, how to create chances. It's the same as last season, I was for giving him the summer as he got that run together (where we got results we needed but did not play great football) but there is no improvement at all. 

A well coached squad would be able to swap players but the ROLES would be so well defined that the players playign them were secondary in terms of players understanding how the rest of the team fitted together with their own job. I see none of that when I watch Villa, and us having one shot on target (none when it was 11 v 11) underlines that.

• Like 4

Just now, Jareth said:

Who actually watched it? I didn't.

Well there were around 12,000 Villa fans who watched it live and are probably now regretting wasting their hard earned cash.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Harry said:

Well there were around 12,000 Villa fans who watched it live and are probably now regretting wasting their hard earned cash.

And how many of them are on here shouting Bruce Out? Please step forward if you exist. 

Just now, Jareth said:

And how many of them are on here shouting Bruce Out? Please step forward if you exist. 

They are probably all having counselling as I write so maybe not just yet.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

And therein lies the problem for most fans IMO. Whichever team he puts out, we often find ourselves struggling to create chances. Tonight's team had Onomah, Lansbury, Hogan and O'Hare in our lineup and still we struggled to create a chance.

Who coaches the attacking part of training at Villa? Whoever they are, they need to be replaced.

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Even with his second team out, looking at the stats and reading the match thread it seems clear we were full of the usual well drilled attacking verve Bruce is becoming famous for. Excellent. Can't wait for the next game against Forest, now we have all this momentum we'll crush them.

I said to a mate a couple of days ago that Bruce would mess this game up and lose us the bit of momentum we had. I'm not claiming to be Mystic Meg he's just so predictable, sadly. Some fans have been criticised for suggesting that a loss might be advantageous long term if it results in a change of manager. I hope they are similarly critical of a manager who seems to be happy to set us up to lose.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And your point is?

Unless you watch it you cannot have an opinion

If you listened on the radio you cannot have an opinion.

If you were in the match thread you cannot have an opinion.

I take it you were there then?

Â