Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

This is the hysteria I'm on about ^^^

That is pathetic. 

No mate, what is pathetic is the shear apathy. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think it was ill advised to react to a section of the fanbase (and he would be well advised to refrain from doing it again, he should be above that)......and i can see the parallels you have drawn.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion in terms of criticism so SB should have rose above it as indeed DOL should have too.

However, One took over from Graham Taylor ( say no more) and the other inherited a car crash.... so I personally would be reluctant to compare the task.

It could have a bearing on the comparable responses and the frustrations in hand , but I can see your point.

O'Leary inherited a car crash as well. We nearly got relegated the season before he took over and had a poor squad but a decent first XI

• Like 2

Even with his second team out, looking at the stats and reading the match thread it seems clear we were full of the usual well drilled attacking verve Bruce is becoming famous for. Excellent. Can't wait for the next game against Forest, now we have all this momentum we'll crush them.

• Like 3

Just now, villa4europe said:

Sad to see what we've become, the defence of Bruce tonight seems to be who cares it was only the cup, we played the second string, had 1 shot, watched by 11k fans

i thought Bruce was the man to stop the rot?

thonight shows the rot is still alive and kicking

Exactly.

Nearly 12 months and 40 odd games of shit with resources most managers in this league could only dream about. 

But hey, i guess I'm being hysterical. 

7 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

This is the hysteria I'm on about ^^^

That is pathetic. 

I think claiming one fan, who has wanted the manager gone and is still wanting the manager gone as hysteria, is probably more of an example of hysteria than the post you've quoted. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Sad to see what we've become, the defence of Bruce tonight seems to be who cares it was only the cup, we played the second string, had 1 shot, watched by 11k fans

I have supported him as you know.....but in the board room totting up, I think this game will be considered against him.

I get that it is the second string and all that and we need to focus on.......etc,etc.

but its another brick in wall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Second team yes, but at one point we had two forwards worth a combined transfer fee of around £24m, absolutely **** pathetic, shocking mismanagement at all levels, how the **** could we spend so much on two players like that.

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

We played our reserves in the cups plenty of times when we were still in the top flight and I don't recall it being a sign of 'rot'.

Maybe we had coached the reserves well enough that they kicked the ball at the goal a bit more? Call me old fashioned but I think that's what the punters pay to see isn't it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

O'Leary inherited a car crash as well. We nearly got relegated the season before he took over and had a poor squad but a decent first XI

stand corrected...its was Graham Taylor Mk 2

1 minute ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's as if last weeks good performance was one of those rare anomalies and not, in fact, a sign that we have finally turned a corner under Bruce.

He's **** shit, his tactics are shit, his press conferences are shit, I'm sick of it.

Was Saturday a good performance?, Good results yes but the performance, disjointed, lacking cohesion even a little boring if I am honest.

• Like 2

Â