Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Despite nearly a year in charge, lavish funds and a whole preseason to prepare. This team looks not at all prepared, disjointed and tentative. Even at home against modest opposition.

Of all the things that can be overlooked and forgiven, a poorly prepared team is not one of them. What, if anything, goes on at Bodymoor Heath? Are they tidying up ahead of HS2 already? I see no evidence of any sporting preparation, personally.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PatrickCousens said:

We're not going to sack the manager because we've gone out of the league cup, especially off the back of a 3-0 win in the league. I totally understand the frustrations with Bruce and I'm not sure whether he's really giving us enough but I'll judge him on what we do in the league. We need to win the next 3 really, certainly 7 points at a minimum. I'm not too fussed about tonight with a second string that includes Elphick. 

Agree with the overall sentiment but it was hardly a reserve team. 7 have already played in the Championship 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been almost unanimous in here for weeks that Bruce needs to go. What do you guys think you're reading?

Ahh, you have missed the resurgence of he's doing ok considering how crap we have been and y'all that think he should be gone are impatient or hysterical.  It's basically what Bruce himself had said and some seem to believe him.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Ahh, you have missed the resurgence of he's doing ok considering how crap we have been and y'all that think he should be gone are impatient or hysterical.  It's basically what Bruce himself had said and some seem to believe him.  

No. I've been in this thread regularly the whole time. Nobody is saying that.

There's a couple of people saying SOME of the stuff being said about Bruce is over the top.

Literally nobody has said that wanting Bruce gone is hysterical.

Edited by Stevo985

My money is on the Barnsley game just being a similar one to that of Norwich..

Great result then a shit 3 games will follow..

It will be then be another case of 2 weeks of  OUT OUT OUT hysteria again until this prick picks up another 3 pts making it look all okay again!  :rant:

This f****! W****r should have been sacked weeks ago!

For me the season is already over.

F***! all to do with the cup game tonight, I already know what is coming on Saturday!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a couple of people saying SOME of the stuff being said about Bruce is over the top.

Well I think Bruce implied it pretty strongly, and others have too.

The word definitely wasn't first used to describe the humour of our situation, I know that much :), it was definitely brought up in reference to those pesky unhappy people.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Well I think Bruce implied it pretty strongly, and others have too.

The word definitely wasn't first used to describe the humour of our situation, I know that much :), it was definitely brought up in reference to those pesky unhappy people.

We're not talking about what Bruce said though.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I guess I thought those that supported Bruce's defense against the hysterical thought he was right.   If they think he was wrong to attack the fans that don't support him, I'll stand corrected.  Any that want to repudiate his defense, I'll be waiting.   

I've just noticed that Liverpool fans were calling for Klopp to be sacked after their 1-1 draw at the weekend. Ok I don't watch Liverpool, but that does seem a tad impatient, however it does put criticism of Steve Bruce into perspective. We play awful, negative football that achieves no sort of consistent results, but woe betide anyone who finds fault with our glorious leader. Herr Klopp was also referred to as a clown running a circus. More beastly comments aimed at him after tonight I'd imagine too. Insensitive lot those Scousers.

Fancy a swap?

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I've just noticed that Liverpool fans were calling for Klopp to be sacked after their 1-1 draw at the weekend. Ok I don't watch Liverpool, but that does seem a tad impatient, however it does put criticism of Steve Bruce into perspective. We play awful, negative football that achieves no sort of consistent results, but woe betide anyone who finds fault with our glorious leader. Herr Klopp was also referred to as a clown running a circus. More beastly comments aimed at him after tonight I'd imagine too. Insensitive lot those Scousers.

Fancy a swap?

Na, I would still take Rafa over Jurgen!  :P

(I can already see Jamaican Villan penciling in my 550th post referring to Rafa into his scrap book) 

• Haha 1

Â