Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Na, I would still take Rafa over Jurgen!  :P

(I can already see Jamaican Villan penciling in my 550th post referring to Rafa into his scrap book) 

I'm sure there are websites for your problem Rigo. Fatspanishwaiter.com may satisfy your......interests...... :wacko:

43 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Statistics eh ?

He enjoyed his " its unbeaten in 6" at the weekend.

How does "1 Win in 5" sound Steve ?

How about " Just under 5 hours without a goal at Villa Park" ?

Or am I just being hysterical ?

How about failed to score in 3 out of the last 4 matches?

16 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Oh, thanks for letting us know.l that Despite you not actually saying any of what I've just said, I'm going to put words into your mouth and get on my high horse. Not once did you mention Steve Bruce as being the man, all you did was point out how wrong I was in my opinion of Bruce from the start. So, in fact, I've decided to mock you for pretty much the opposite of what you've said. I've not once read through any of your posts which state that you think we should go for a totally different kind of manager to Bruce having seen what you've seen this season, you've changed your mind. You merely bought slutsky and nuno into it, because I've been so wrong about a manager before (you're OP), I may be wrong again. But I don't want people to know I can be wrong, so instead I've decided to mock you, try and make you look really small and take the piss out of you. But, I'm big, I'm strong and I'm clever so I win.

Excellently honest, thanks Notting Villa

Edited by Mjvilla

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It was a reserve side so i dont understand the problem. Its a distraction we dont need as we wont win it.

Confodence wont be affected its a different amd rested side. 

A distraction or a welcome diversion? It's all about the mindset. If we don't try to win matches, all matches, what is the point? We could have won it, outsiders I admit, and it would only be a few extra games. I bet our sponsors are really chuffed that we're not going to get the additional exposure of a cup run. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think claiming one fan, who has wanted the manager gone and is still wanting the manager gone as hysteria, is probably more of an example of hysteria than the post you've quoted. 

Not one fan though is it. I'm not swearing at someone who cant hear me or wont read what im saying. Again I'll repeat, it's not that someone wants him gone, that's not a problem, it's the hysterical behaviour that's unnecessary. 

Example. 

1. I think bruce is a limited manager and he's had long enough to sort it out, I want someone else in.

2. F*** o** bruce you idiot, I want him gone, not tomorrow or the weekend, I want him gone now!!

Both fans want him gone, no.1 is hysterical behaviour no.2 is reasoned behaviour.

2 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Not one fan though is it. I'm not swearing at someone who cant hear me or wont read what im saying. Again I'll repeat, it's not that someone wants him gone, that's not a problem, it's the hysterical behaviour that's unnecessary. 

Example. 

1. I think bruce is a limited manager and he's had long enough to sort it out, I want someone else in.

2. F*** o** bruce you idiot, I want him gone, not tomorrow or the weekend, I want him gone now!!

Both fans want him gone, no.1 is hysterical behaviour no.2 is reasoned behaviour.

No. That isn't hysterical, at most it's impatient, it is just people expressing an opinion which I what a fans forum is for.

Much like fickle people have jumped on hysterical with actually seemingly understanding what it actually means.

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

A distraction or a welcome diversion? It's all about the mindset. If we don't try to win matches, all matches, what is the point? We could have won it, outsiders I admit, and it would only be a few extra games. I bet our sponsors are really chuffed that we're not going to get the additional exposure of a cup run. 

Sponsers are going to be more interested in how we perform in the league than the cup. Say we did win then get citu away amd get thumped 4 or 5-0 what would that do to us?

I personally dont mond we have gone out. Extra game for boro now amd we already have 46 league games.

Hogan and lansbury have picked up knocks tonight as well. Do we realky need to run the risk? Anyway that was a reserve sode so wont pay to much interest in performance. If that was our strongest xl id be worried 

The definition of "Hysterical" normally relates to wild uncontrolled emotion - i'd be happy to agree that my thoughts after a typical Bruce-inspired performance are often wild and occasionally uncontrolled

However in the sense that  Bruce ( and his supporters) uses "hysterical" there is the implication of overreaction, of a response out of context to events, of an unjustified criticism  - after a year of zero progress and millions spent, Bruce should "batten down the hatches" and expect much more hysteria

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I wasn't bothered about the result tonight, I said as much before the game so I can't complain after the game. 

I would still sack him though, not on the back of that game but on the back of 14 signings and not a single bit of improvement, on the back of 11 months of turgid and ultimately unsuccessful football, on the back of woeful excuses, on the back of the absolute absence of anything even remotely resembling a style or pattern of play. I'd sack him because frankly I think we are going absolutely nowhere under him.

People say we need to win the next 3 games like it's a genuine possibility, look at his record last season and this, look at how we are playing. It isn't going to happen.

In three games time we will just be left with an even harder task of trying to salvage this season.

I don't want another change of manager but I don't want Bruce either and given how imperative it is we go up this season I think a change is a gamble but one we can't afford not to take.

Top post Trent.

Absolutely bang on!

• Like 1

Won’t hold last nights game against him I don’t think it really matters. However the next three games are crucial and I expect three wins and nothing less than that to get back on track.

Failure to beat Nottingham Forest and the heat will be very much back on him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Sponsers are going to be more interested in how we perform in the league than the cup. Say we did win then get citu away amd get thumped 4 or 5-0 what would that do to us?

I personally dont mond we have gone out. Extra game for boro now amd we already have 46 league games.

Hogan and lansbury have picked up knocks tonight as well. Do we realky need to run the risk? Anyway that was a reserve sode so wont pay to much interest in performance. If that was our strongest xl id be worried 

The league cup is a sideshow compared to the league but had we won I'm sure that many would be on here touting the "turned-the-corner" "gaining momentum" lines.

If we are truly not interested in competing and so worried about injuries to the first team squad maybe we should play the U19s in all cup competitions 

• Like 1

The whole event was typical Bruce. We had the chance to compete with the country's top 16 on a high profile big stage and all we had to do was beat Middlesbrough Reserves at home and we never came close.

To leave out your entire first team squad because of fear of injury is pathetic and typifies Bruce's fear laden approach to managing this club. 

Even if he didn't care for the cup and didn't care whether we won or lost, why not send the team out "off the leash" and play a 4-3-3 and tell them to enjoy themselves ? Why send them out playing that same old fear infused, negative dirge football that has been his trademark since he arrived ? 

The reason only 11,000 turned up is because, like me, they had zero expectation of seeing anything even mildly entertaining and that is NOT okay ..... it is NOT okay for this club to only pull 11,000 and it is NOT okay for a club of our stature with the roster we have to perform so pathetically against the second XI from Middlesbrough.

Bruce is hanging by the most slender of threads at the moment and he brings that on himself with his abject failure to embrace this job and his abject failure to craft an attractive team from the best roster in the division.

He'd better get it right on Saturday !!!!

• Like 4

Â