Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, TRO said:

No opinion is wrong GH......and if we all agreed it might be boring.

unfortunately, In this case (Brin/Brout) this ^ is wrong.

If Bruce isnt sacked and gets us promoted, you and many others were right to "give him time - he can do"

If he stays and we dont get promoted you were wrong

If he gets sacked, it will be because we are not on track for promotion (why else would DrT KW SR sack him?) you will again be by definition wrong.

My money's on you and many others being wrong

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

For me Bruce has done an O'Leary, the former has come out with the hysterical line and the later infamously came out with the fickle line. I think Bruce is perhaps lucky not to get a flag from the Holte setting straight like O'Leary received.

The similarities between the two are striking, both refused to accept quite legitimate criticism of their performance at the club. Both rather than accept criticism both opted to attack sections of the very support paying to endure their turdish (if it's not a word it should be) football and poor results. 

Bruce like O'Leary also points to past successes as if they some how guarantee future ones irrespective off poor current performance.

It didn't end well for O'Leary and right now I can't see it ending well for Bruce.

I think it was ill advised to react to a section of the fanbase (and he would be well advised to refrain from doing it again, he should be above that)......and i can see the parallels you have drawn.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion in terms of criticism so SB should have rose above it as indeed DOL should have too.

However, One took over from Graham Taylor ( say no more) and the other inherited a car crash.... so I personally would be reluctant to compare the task.

It could have a bearing on the comparable responses and the frustrations in hand , but I can see your point.

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If Bruce isnt sacked and gets us promoted, you and many others were right to "give him time - he can do"

If he gets sacked, it will be because we are not on track for promotion (why else would DrT KW SR sack him?) you will again be by definition wrong.

Naturally, you have the posts to prove it.

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Why though have you decided that, after 6 continuous years of these being major problems for the club, Bruce should suddenly be able to solve them all overnight?

i think you used the wrong word, there.  if I used hyperbole, would that be a sign I was hysterical?

1 minute ago, macandally said:

Normal service resumed, one shot on target and conceding the lions share of possession at home.  We are the new Wigan/Hull

its too predictable.....and thats not good enough.

1 hour ago, Grasshopper said:

well another brick in your wall tonight.....not good enough.

• Like 1

Tonight's been shit, but let's not get 'hysterical' (sorry).

We weren't winning the cup, trying some out of favour players was a good idea, we have a much more important match at the weekend.

I will, however, judge Bruce on how he reacts to this in terms of future team selection. I hope he's learned a thing or two about players we should never be seeing wearing claret and blue again. If we see the Icelandic Salifou in a Villa shirt again, today was a waste of time.

• Like 1

FWIW, I'm not a Bruce fan, but I don't want him out anymore today than I did on Saturday evening. We're not going up with him, IMO, but the reserves losing a cup game shouldn't make much of a difference to people's view.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Just read the never ending cycle of reasons that the results are not really his fault.   

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

I'm sure should we lose tonight the following excuses will have already been prepared - it's a dead rubber, we need to focus on the league, rest a few players.

It's been almost unanimous in here for weeks that Bruce needs to go. What do you guys think you're reading?

• Like 1

Â