Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is all :)that all true......or did you make it up?

Well it's a story based on a genuine made up interview carried out using real words similar to words which have been possibly used by Steve Bruce, but quite likely not in the same order. That should keep his lawyer at bay :D.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrjc said:

It's tested over a rolling three seasons, so if we sack him now I think any compensation would be included. Much much tighter year is next season though, when parachute payments go right down (which would still include this season's compensation costs, if there are any). 

Agree though that it's hopefully not a decider - not sure I have faith that they'll have saved for the new guy though!  I really think plan A was all about getting promoted this year...and I'm not sure there is a plan B or beyond 

You may be right, but it would be incredibly unprofessional to not have a contingency plan. 

• Like 2

I don't see any reason to actually hate Bruce, he says the right things, he seems to understand why we are failing, he seems to care, he even changes the team to try and counter these issues, sometimes those changes pay off, but any form or improvements are never sustained, the idea of form and momentum is too often short lived. As much as we have ever managed under Bruce was last season when through fairly unappealing football we ground out results and were difficult to defeat, sadly that didn't last and to make matters worse we don't score goals and we can't concentrate for 90s mins in order to not concede them. 

It will be great to have Kodjia back, but we can't hang all our hopes on one player again.

• Like 1

I didn't see it myself but someone on here spoke of Dean Smith having a specific plan to play against us. This is my problem with Bruce and why I never really wanted him. He seems to just think picking his best XI is all it takes and the results will come. This is clearly evident in his tenure and even then he can't decide his best XI

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Need some ITK about this Oscar Garcia thingy then, seems we like St. Etienne managers, weren't we after Gaiter at some point?

Is Oscar Garcia linked then? Good manager, nearly got Brighton promoted 3/4 years ago. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

The Villa squad will deliver it to you in person....

IMG_4582.JPG

" Braaiiiinns....brrrraaaainsss." ( Ball Zombie looks over the Villa squad, looks disappointed.) " Braaaaiiins. I need...braaiinnnsss!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Is Oscar Garcia linked then? Good manager, nearly got Brighton promoted 3/4 years ago. 

Yeah rumours that we are sounding him out, and that he was also on the shortlist along with RDM.

From some Spanish website.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I didn't see it myself but someone on here spoke of Dean Smith having a specific plan to play against us. This is my problem with Bruce and why I never really wanted him. He seems to just think picking his best XI is all it takes and the results will come. This is clearly evident in his tenure and even then he can't decide his best XI

So Bruce managers Villa like I play football manager. That's just great if I'd known that I would've applied for the job!

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah rumours that we are sounding him out, and that he was also on the shortlist along with RDM.

From some Spanish website.

Anybody on a shortlist with RDM should be automatically disqualified. I'd like to know who's writing up our 'shortlists'.

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Nearly got a club promoted? Wow, sounds like just the sort of glittering success we crave.

Much better than the track record of our current manager who has never ever got a club promoted ever. :wacko:

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Â