Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

No he doesn't.  He needs to prove me and the rest of his critics wrong.  He can start any time now.  

And yet...He was a poor finish from Snodgrass and an on the line block from Hogan away from a comfortable win against a promotion favorite which would have seen us having 8 points from last 4 league games, The required 2pts per game average, Unbeaten in 5, progressing in the cup and two clean sheets in a row whilst bedding in some promising youngsters and nursing our best 2/3 players back to full health. You can pick it apart anyway you like (I also understand the chaos theory and that if either of those chances went in the rest of the game would have been different) BUT its fine margins and if we had a break a few of the critics would not be as vocal right now.

Im not his biggest fan but its not as black and white as some make out...

It is clear form his press conference he knows it is time to shit or get off the pot and he is clearly feeling under pressure. He needs results and he needs them now.

He'd be better off not getting embroiled in talking about what is being said on radio phone ins and on social media. If he wants to shut people up then the only way to do that is winning some football matches. Anything else just adds fuel to the fire.

In fairness I am not really too sure what he feels so aggrieved about. He acknowledged himself that in terms of on the terraces the fans are still very supportive of the team and to a degree him. Bottom line is that he has been here 11 months and we look no better than when he arrived. He can perhaps count himself lucky that we have been as patient as we have with him.

Maybe he can feed off the increased pressure. Whether some of us like it or not he is the manager tomorrow and hopefully he'll send us out all guns blazing going all out for the three points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattjpa said:

And yet...He was a poor finish from Snodgrass and an on the line block from Hogan away from a comfortable win against a promotion favorite which was DOWN TO 10 MEN FOR 60 MINUTES would have seen us having 8 points from last 4 league games, The required 2pts per game average, Unbeaten in 5, progressing in the cup and two clean sheets in a row whilst bedding in some promising youngsters and nursing our best 2/3 players back to full health. You can pick it apart anyway you like (I also understand the chaos theory and that if either of those chances went in the rest of the game would have been different) BUT its fine margins and if we had a break a few of the critics would not be as vocal right now.

Just a slight consideration to nullify the selective notion that we outclassed a team.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

More ridiculous nonsense from Bruce -

"I've been promoted twice in the last five years out of the division.

"Who are they going to get any better?

"We get ourselves engulfed in all of this because we haven't picked up enough points.

"I've had all these things levelled against me that the team's defensive, we're ultra boring, this that and the other," he said.

"We weren't against Wigan, we weren't against Norwich, we hit the bar the other night, we've created enough chances in all the games.

"We had a big chance against Cardiff early on, we had a big chance at Reading early on, we all know the big stat in this division is you score first you win 85 per cent of the games.

"We've done everything the other night, couldn't quite win it, then the frustration jumps out at everybody.

"All the nonsense engulfs very quickly here and unfortunately that's where we are."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-steve-bruce-13625831.amp

4 minutes ago, mattjpa said:

And yet...He was a poor finish from Snodgrass and an on the line block from Hogan away from a comfortable win against a promotion favorite which would have seen us having 8 points from last 4 league games, The required 2pts per game average, Unbeaten in 5, progressing in the cup and two clean sheets in a row whilst bedding in some promising youngsters and nursing our best 2/3 players back to full health. You can pick it apart anyway you like (I also understand the chaos theory and that if either of those chances went in the rest of the game would have been different) BUT its fine margins and if we had a break a few of the critics would not be as vocal right now.

And he was 2 or 3 top saves from Johnstone away from a defeat at home to a bottom 3 club, he was a fortunate deflection and a crossbar away from defeat away to Bristol. 

It would be 8 points from the last 4 league games, but still 9 from 7 games overall, well below the 2 points per game average, which of course applies over the whole season.

It is unfortunately black and white when you look at the results, which this year are just a continuation of last season - results over that long a period don't lie - Bruce is doing an awful job.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

More ridiculous nonsense from Bruce -

"I've been promoted twice in the last five years out of the division.

"Who are they going to get any better?

"We get ourselves engulfed in all of this because we haven't picked up enough points.

"I've had all these things levelled against me that the team's defensive, we're ultra boring, this that and the other," he said.

"We weren't against Wigan, we weren't against Norwich, we hit the bar the other night, we've created enough chances in all the games.

"We had a big chance against Cardiff early on, we had a big chance at Reading early on, we all know the big stat in this division is you score first you win 85 per cent of the games.

"We've done everything the other night, couldn't quite win it, then the frustration jumps out at everybody.

"All the nonsense engulfs very quickly here and unfortunately that's where we are."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-manager-steve-bruce-13625831.amp

I'm astonished he actually said this.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm astonished he actually said this.

Indeed -   Maybe  he should be asked how many trophies he won in his 20yrs as a manager or how many times he's finished in the top 8 in the big league as he calls it - not so great after all Steve !

• Like 1

Unbelievably delusional.

Sooner he's gone the better.

If he's commenting like that in public attacking his critics, what are his comments in the dressing room/BMH?

I really dont believe the WHOLE squad is saying "yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full". Surely someone goes up against him from time to time.

I think its possible that, the untest he is causing in public, spills over behind the scenes, and vice versa.

The questions I'd like to ask are

Which started first? critisism behind closed doors or the critisism in public?

is one fuelling the other?

How high up is any unrest? if at all?

I really cant imagine that, as EVERYONE at the club and the fans knows the target is promotion, anybody is happy where we are. Plus as results and games go by we are NOT closing in on the target, how can that possibly breed a collective of oneness going about the task at hand?

• Like 3

Up until the summer the only thing he had going for him was that he seemed like a nice bloke.

Now the results and performances are just as bad, but he manages to also be a giant douche.

New 4 year contract coming up?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I have to say.....If I was his advisor, I would tell him to steer clear of comments like that, not only do we not want to hear it, the clubs hierarchy won't either.

If/When he does go I hope its not acrimonious as no one wins.

ps There is nothing more unsteady......than not winning games.

Spot on. All he has to say is i need to be winning games ti get the fans back on side no excuses and stop with this lame manipulating. I see right through it

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Spot on. All he has to say is i need to be winning games ti get the fans back on side no excuses and stop with this lame manipulating. I see right through it

Problem is do wyness and xia see through  it ?

you just know he will come out with a shitload of pathetic excuses when he is sacked - what a dreadful man - I can see now why there is such contempt for him from Sunderland fans.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Problem is do wyness and xia see through  it ?

you just know he will come out with a shitload of pathetic excuses when he is sacked - what a dreadful man - I can see now why there is such contempt for him from Sunderland fans.

When the fans get the banners out and the home games become toxic they wont be anle to ignore it. Its at knife edge. I have ti be honest, the villa faithful have been very patient with bruce unlike some previous managers.

He has no excuses for not delivering victories 

• Like 2

Â