Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Nearly got a club promoted? Wow, sounds like just the sort of glittering success we crave.

Much better than the track record of our current manager who has never ever got a club promoted ever. :wacko:

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Conte or bust then. 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Nearly got a club promoted? Wow, sounds like just the sort of glittering success we crave.

Much better than the track record of our current manager who has never ever got a club promoted ever. :wacko:

I can hardly contain my excitement.

Football is about the now - not the past , Bruce has had 40 odd games and been a total failure - get rid ! 

Bruce is ok at small clubs - he can't cut it when the pressure is on at bigger clubs and has proved that in his results .

• Like 3

I see a pundit cant remember his name has said bruce has made villa to easy and predictable to play against with a complete lack of pace in the team.

He has publicly said hourihane and lansbury are not good enough to play at villa

Think thats not goung to go down to well with them two esp hourihane who has scored quite a few goals this season

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see a pundit cant remember his name has said bruce has made villa to easy and predictable to play against with a complete lack of pace in the team.

He has publicly said hourihane and lansbury are not good enough to play at villa

Think thats not goung to go down to well with them two esp hourihane who has scored quite a few goals this season

Martin o'connor , he's a bluenose , barely qualifies as a pundit either a bit of a clown in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He has a point about the pace. Esp now Green is out.

Just listened to Bruce's pre-match interview. He isn't going anywhere is he!? :angry:

Kodjia will most likely keep him in the job until promotion is mathematically impossible. It going to be a long (and boring) winter... :angry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

Just listened to Bruce's pre-match interview. He isn't going anywhere is he!? :angry:

Kodjia will most likely keep him in the job until promotion is mathematically impossible. It going to be a long (and boring) winter... :angry:

Yep thats what i think. We just have to hope bruce can turn it aroubd but can't see it myself

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

He said he's been told nothing about his future - so you can read that whichever way you like - how many managers are told in advance they are about to be sacked ? 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Where did you see this interview?

Interview I heard him do was on tues night with wm - he didn't know if he would be given time to get it right or not , hopefully he will get his answer if we lose tomorrow . 

Waiting for today's pc to be uploaded to YouTube but I'm sure he will be judged on results and must be close to the sack unless he turns it around fast . 

Edited by Eastie

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Where did you see this interview?

Its on the villa facebook page. Just talks about lansbury red being wrong and justice being done. Jedinak being sore, missing kodj and touches a lil bit in the "hysteria" thing again.

If you don't want the "hysteriA" then win bloody games 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its on the villa facebook page. Just talks about lansbury red being wrong and justice being done. Jedinak being sore, missing kodj and touches a lil bit in the "hysteria" thing again.

If you don't want the "hysteriA" then win bloody games 

Will be business as normal for him until he gets the call to say it's over ( hopefully soon)

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Personally I think the lack of a stand out candidate is keeping Bruce in a job.

You're probably right. But, it's getting to the point where any candidate could do a better job.

I genuinely think I could do a better job than Bruce. I'd study the opposition, work out how they play and set my team to counter it and also play to my teams strenghts. Incidentally enough, my plans don't involve letting the opposition have 60% of the possession and using Hogan as a target man. 

Bruce himself said, I think it was after the Cardiff defeat that, if we're still playing like that after 10 games he will be sacked. We're now not far off the point where Xia can replay that comment to him before giving him is P45. 

12 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

But your 480 pages were lists of excuses/reasons trying to prove me wrong though :ph34r:

Ha ha ....keeps you on your toes though......you are a better poster for it....practice makes perfect and all that:)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You're probably right. But, it's getting to the point where any candidate could do a better job.

I genuinely think I could do a better job than Bruce. I'd study the opposition, work out how they play and set my team to counter it and also play to my teams strenghts. Incidentally enough, my plans don't involve letting the opposition have 60% of the possession and using Hogan as a target man. 

Any candidate could probably do a better job short term - but can they come in right now and blast us to promotion - I don't see(m)any who could do that from the likely candidates. Sure keeping Bruce in post might write of this season - but the nightmare scenario is we recruit someone who comes in and gets us slightly better results without ever looking promotion candidates - do we keep that guy over the summer, when decent managers may be available ? 

Â