Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't see any reason to actually hate Bruce, he says the right things, he seems to understand why we are failing, he seems to care, he even changes the team to try and counter these issues, sometimes those changes pay off, but any form or improvements are never sustained, the idea of form and momentum is too often short lived. As much as we have ever managed under Bruce was last season when through fairly unappealing football we ground out results and were difficult to defeat, sadly that didn't last and to make matters worse we don't score goals and we can't concentrate for 90s mins in order to not concede them. 

It will be great to have Kodjia back, but we can't hang all our hopes on one player again.

its as i have said earlier......progress is graph featuring a gradual rise......not peaks and troughs.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Gabby.

very fitting achievement, first to a 1000....congratulations OBE

No, thats your name.....you don't get an award:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

is there a link?

Just read bits on social media. 

Claimed the vast majority of fans can see there has been progress 

And when mentioned about being under pressure he used the phrase "who are they going to get better?"

Like I said, delusional and arrogant while sat 18th 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You're probably right. But, it's getting to the point where any candidate could do a better job.

I genuinely think I could do a better job than Bruce. I'd study the opposition, work out how they play and set my team to counter it and also play to my teams strenghts. Incidentally enough, my plans don't involve letting the opposition have 60% of the possession and using Hogan as a target man. 

We all say that.....but the first morning, there would probably be a heap of steaming dung on the training ground as a result of the forthcoming anxiety.

Just the thought of being responsible for a 10 mill transfer would have me running for the Hills.

Despite our frustrations, sometimes we are all a bit blaise.....It isn't easy for any manager.....one of the reasons they get paid so much.

Bruce believes what he says. He believes that football is alchemy and that if you get enough talent on the field that it'll just work - and it has worked for him 4 times before. In all honesty it might yet actually work in a game or two's time, but it does hammer home how little effect he has on the team short of being a 'man manager'. I have this feeling that he's going to get a little lucky soon and prolong the pain for this thread indefinitely. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just read bits on social media. 

Claimed the vast majority of fans can see there has been progress 

And when mentioned about being under pressure he used the phrase "who are they going to get better?"

Like I said, delusional and arrogant while sat 18th 

:crylaugh: What a deluded pleb.

You are a man on borrowed time son.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce believes what he says. He believes that football is alchemy and that if you get enough talent on the field that it'll just work - and it has worked for him 4 times before. In all honesty it might yet actually work in a game or two's time, but it does hammer home how little effect he has on the team short of being a 'man manager'. I have this feeling that he's going to get a little lucky soon and prolong the pain for this thread indefinitely. 

The kodjia effect. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He sounded like an absolute prick in the interview, wow.

His comments since the week before the season began have been quite amazing really. 

He's determined to destroy the relationship with a large number of fans. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Well, I have heard the quips from managers over the years (much better than Steve Bruce) say....." you are only as good as your players"......thats nothing new.

its a paradox

Edited by TRO

Â