Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

To be fair to Steve Bruce.....He has to defend himself.

and anyone who wants him out are unlikely to be fervent listeners to his claims, are they?

It's the arrogance with which he is doing this which is causing the issue though. And to be quite frank, it's utterly bizarre.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

It's the arrogance with which he is doing this which is causing the issue though. And to be quite frank, it's utterly bizarre.

Indeed , from the outside he seemed a nice enough bloke - however recent weeks he's shown himself to be an arrogant self centered ..... !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

We all love the Villa, that's something everyone on here does agree on.....

makes me think of that one LCD Soundsystem song..

"New York I love you but you're bringing me down". Replace the city with Aston Villa and that accurately sums up my feelings about this wonderful club.

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

As my money is helping him live the life of a millionaire I really do wish he'd do me the courtesy of addressing my concerns rather than telling me I'm hysterical.

Very poor Mr Bruce. Hope you are out the door this weekend.

I think thats the main thing Terry.....It would be kinda nifty if he addressed our concerns and took them on board, instead of wallowing in nebulous soundbites.....even if he doesn't know what to do he could apply some empathy and listen.

We ( fans)may not know the full workings of a football club warts and all, but some of us who have spent 40/50 years watching the team must have wasted a lot of money if we don't know what we are looking at.

Football Fans are a Kaleidoscope of opinions of our team, but it is folly to ignore their claims.....trends surface and common ground is identified.....He would do well to listen.

We all know football is a moving feast and form, injuries, suspensions, play a big part, not to mention player attitude dips.

I have very mixed feelings on the progress claim, I am not dismissing it totally and in terms of names on paper, i think he has a point.....as for the talent manifesting itself in to a cohesive team unit and playing a style that lends itself to players knowing exactly what to do and how to counter opposition tactics.....I think he is misleading himself.

As you all know, I have spent many hours typing and defending SB......I still like the fella deep down although I don't actually know him personally.

So what has left me in doubt?

watching the games.....We was unlucky the other night, in many ways

• Hogan in the way
  • Lansbury getting sent off
  • Meeting a team with Neanderthal intentions going unchecked

but i still see basic flaws in this team that i find hard to ignore if we have ambitions of promotion.

Those same flaws were there when he arrived....45 games on......thats not progress in my eyes.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the manipulation "does the club really want more change and unsteadiness"

So if your constantly failing we should stick with you out of fear of change? Imagine if businesses adopted this? Most would go out of business.

You want to win us back start winning bloody games

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Indeed , from the outside he seemed a nice enough bloke - however recent weeks he's shown himself to be an arrogant self centered ..... !

Frustrated Figure......thats coming out with stuff thats in keeping with a......frustrated Figure.

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

and anyone who wants him out are unlikely to be fervent listeners to his claims, are they?

Out of him and me I'd see he's the one borderline hysterical - albeit in a quiet way - and I would LOVE to listen to some proper explanations from him.

Hes basically doing the equivalent of just shouting down anyone who disagrees with him.

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I like the manipulation "does the club really want more change and unsteadiness"

So if your constantly failing we should stick with you out of fear of change? Imagine if businesses adopted this? Most would go out of business.

You want to win us back start winning bloody games

I have to say.....If I was his advisor, I would tell him to steer clear of comments like that, not only do we not want to hear it, the clubs hierarchy won't either.

If/When he does go I hope its not acrimonious as no one wins.

ps There is nothing more unsteady......than not winning games.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

You are too polite ;) 

No, I can be quite Fiesty.....But I like to TRY and be reasonable and see all sides of an point.

running Pubs for 10 years probably helped.:).....as I am still standing in one piece.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, terrytini said:

Out of him and me I'd see he's the one borderline hysterical - albeit in a quiet way - and I would LOVE to listen to some proper explanations from him.

Hes basically doing the equivalent of just shouting down anyone who disagrees with him.

I think its got to that Terry.....but bear in mind there is probably plenty at the moment and he is just batting them off.

I too would love to Listen to a proper sensible calm explanation from him.

perhaps a visit to the BOOT Inn Lapworth may suffice.

Edited by TRO

Tbh I get him coming out fighting. Better then saying hes not sure whats going on and he doesnt know how to fix it. However, you cannot alienate the fans and make it us and them scenario. Only one winner in that. 

He should come out and say what's happened is not good enough so far and he knows its a results business and it needs to change. Saying it is a fact that we will be there or thereabouts is stupid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He should come out and say what's happened is not good enough so far and he knows its a results business and it needs to change. Saying it is a fact that we will be there or thereabouts is stupid.

There or thereabouts is a devious use of language .

Reminds me of how Trump keeps saying " no collusion", meaning everything will hinge on the precise interpretation of " collusion". ....."

there or thereabouts" could include being close to a playoff place !!! Well we were " close" to one in mathematical terms until only a couple of weeks of the season were left last term........ the way this League works you can argue you are" in with a shout" virtually until mid April unless you are bottom 3.

Id like someone to pin him down to "top 2".....

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Interview I heard him do was on tues night with wm - he didn't know if he would be given time to get it right or not , hopefully he will get his answer if we lose tomorrow . 

Waiting for today's pc to be uploaded to YouTube but I'm sure he will be judged on results and must be close to the sack unless he turns it around fast . 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Its on the villa facebook page. Just talks about lansbury red being wrong and justice being done. Jedinak being sore, missing kodj and touches a lil bit in the "hysteria" thing again.

If you don't want the "hysteriA" then win bloody games 

Thanx very much lads for that.:)

1 hour ago, TRO said:

No he doesn't.  He needs to prove me and the rest of his critics wrong.  He can start any time now.  

• Like 2

Â