Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Tom Ross...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/why-its-far-early-talk-15112624

Apparently Bruce has 4, count it, 4 promotions from the Championship.

Just reeks of a commissioned article, the fact that he feels the need to state he's not a personal friend of Bruce doesn't help.

Most unconvincing pile of donkey doo doo I've ever read.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Most unconvincing pile of donkey doo doo I've ever read.

Certainly won't put an end to the idea that Bruce has friends in the media championing his cause.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

managers, who, by the way, saw the team relegated from the Premier League and then fail to win promotion – or even reach the play-off final – despite having the parachute payments.

Who was this useless manager who failed to win promotion or even reach the playoffs?? Sack him he’s rubbish!!!

The friends in the media have been rumbled. We’re on to you Brucie, hopefully NSWE are too. 

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

Steve Bruce's continued management in the Championship makes Tom Ross feel relevant. It's an age group thing. When all the old school managers are gone, that will be Ross's era totally over with. It's hard to let go.

Very true. You only have to see the likes of Jim White and presenters of a certain era suck off all the old school managers to know it. They can do no wrong, it's all about keeping your contacts sweet.
The sooner these ****s retire the better.

On 04/09/2018 at 12:48, Hoof hearted said:

The fact you can name 5 or 6 Villa players I'll take as a compliment, I can't name you one Leeds player, let alone one I'd rather have at Villa. Tony Yeboah maybe? 

Saiz, Douglas and Jansson please!

Anyway, Bruce n that.

Of course he aint going anywhere yet. But the knives are drawn already innit.

Why do journalists keep dragging up the net spend line as if it is relevant?

We have sold a number of players following loan spells, who were already on their way out when Bruce joined anyway. I'm not massively sure what Bruce himself has recouped from player sales but I would say his transfer spend itself has been utilised poorly overall. For example, Scott Hogan, a player that Bruce doesn't seem to know what to do with, is a prime example of this at £12m. I couldn't give a shit if Bruce brings in £10m if we are going to spend £12m on a player that won't be utilised fully in the squad. The scatter gun approach to transfers, signing players that are on form regardless of whether or not they will fit in is utterly ridiculous.

Allegedly wanting to let Adomah leave so that we can bring in Jason Puncheon. Net spend of £0, but the quality of the squad reduces. Baffling.

Why loan Tuanzebe if we are going to play him at RB. Surely there are better RB's we could have got on loan? If Tuanzebe isn't ready to be a CB then why did we even bring him in? It just doesn't make sense.

Aberdeen are telling us that we need to make a decision quickly if we want to sign McKenna, so why didn't we put a deadline on the Moukoudi transfer. Now we've ended up with neither.

What utter drivel from Tom Ross as per usual. None of that article really has any relevance.

It is clear that he has not watched any of our football for the last two years and frankly claiming we want him out after six games if disingenuous at best, a bit thick at worst. Its the 2 years of drivel, not the last 2 weeks that's the issue Tom!!!

And as for Net spend, not convinced by that total, and conveniently ignoring the wages he has been allowed to pay and the fact all sales proceeds were given to him to spend on the team. A team that still is not balanced, has gaping holes and only one CB. How many players has he signed?  and how many of the players he has signed are now on the scrap heap? Whilst he did not pay the big fees for some of the players signed by RDM - he has those assets at his disposal. 

To say he has not been backed or to have not had the resources that most championship managers dream of (which is what the article suggests) is flat wrong, and more excuse mongering from Bruce's mates in the press. Sorry - not mates, professional acquaintances.

This is why I dont give a shit what the media will say if we sack Bruce and I would hope that NSWE wouldn't either.  

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's only 6 games, calm down :lol: 

Like you say, this team minus 1 or 2 additions is the same one that finished 13th last year. I very much doubt you would have taken many of your players over ours back then. It just goes to show how much a competent manager can transform a team. 

If I were to make a Leeds/Villa XI of the players who started at the weekend and try to keep it as impartial as I possibly can, it would be a 50/50 split, and that's without Bolasie and Abraham in the side yet. and a decimated defence. 

Noo I'm normally quite negative, I'm trying to change.

At the end of last season you'r right, there are plenty i would have sold.

Cooper, Berardi, Phillips the main 3 and wouldn't have been against Saiz going for the right price either.

I'm still unchanged on the first 3, 6 games hasnt changed my mind.

If i was to make a leeds villa 11 then as ot is if everyone is fit.

4-2-3-1

Gk-Bailey Peacock Farrell.

Rb-Luke Ayling

Lb-Barry douglas

Cbs- Pontus Jansson and James Chester

Cms- McGinn and klich

Rw- Pablo herbandez

Lw- El Ghazi

Am- Samu Saiz

Striker- Tammy Abraham.

Very difficult, picked El Ghazi because he as a goal and an assist already and he has some height, clearly has quality.

Chester i thought always looked your best cb.

Tammy has everything you want in a striker.

And from reading McGinn is class.

Close between a few, Grealish and Saiz, Bolasie if he is Palace Bolasie and Pablo, Roofe has been on fire, Bamford and Kodjia have quality, but prefer Abraham if he is BCFC one.

Havent seen enough of your gks and full backs to judge.

1 hour ago, allani said:

My response:

"The thing you have overlooked is that we are not judging him after 6 matches.  My concerns about his team selections, signings, tactics go back much further.  Other teams in the division were/are stronger than the sum of their parts (see Cardiff as a prime example) but we are considerably weaker than the sum of ours.  The players at our disposal last season should have been good enough to get promoted - if not automatically then via the play-offs.  All my opinion and so subjective.  But applying results and "facts" we have only won 8 of our last 21 matches - if you take that form (which is almost half a season) and apply that across the rest of this season then we would get 67 points.  Which would see us finish 11th (using the points totals from last season).  This is not just a poor start to this season this is underachievement going back until mid-March.  So results are not good and haven't been good enough for a while.  I could accept a run of poor results if we were playing good, exciting football and were just experiencing a run of bad luck.  But when the performances have been poor, results take on an even greater significance."

#bruxit

The thing you have overlooked is that we are not judging him after 6 matches.  My concerns about his team selections, signings, tactics go back much further.  Other teams in the division were/are stronger than the sum of their parts (see Cardiff as a prime example) but we are considerably weaker than the sum of ours.  The players at our disposal last season should have been good enough to get promoted - if not automatically then via the play-offs.  All my opinion and so subjective.  But applying results and "facts" we have only won 8 of our last 21 matches - if you take that form (which is almost half a season) and apply that across the rest of this season then we would get 67 points.  Which would see us finish 11th (using the points totals from last season).  This is not just a poor start to this season this is underachievement going back until mid-March.  So results are not good and haven't been good enough for a while.  I could accept a run of poor results if we were playing good, exciting football and were just experiencing a run of bad luck.  But when the performances have been poor, results take on an even greater significance.

Errr... the current situation is already #bruxit.

New owners have no interest in not having their men in charge but figuring out how/when to get rid when the manager has a fantastic squad, which regardless of his incompetence will probably have us in the playoffs.

So we meander on and a decision will be made when circumstances force it, and the continued lack of even a medium term strategy haunts the club. Or perhaps the long term strategy was to be a mess as decade of successful execution of said strategy looms ? 

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

What utter drivel from Tom Ross as per usual. None of that article really has any relevance.

It is clear that he has not watched any of our football for the last two years and frankly claiming we want him out after six games if disingenuous at best, a bit thick at worst. Its the 2 years of drivel, not the last 2 weeks that's the issue Tom!!!

And as for Net spend, not convinced by that total, and conveniently ignoring the wages he has been allowed to pay and the fact all sales proceeds were given to him to spend on the team. A team that still is not balanced, has gaping holes and only one CB. How many players has he signed?  and how many of the players he has signed are now on the scrap heap? Whilst he did not pay the big fees for some of the players signed by RDM - he has those assets at his disposal. 

To say he has not been backed or to have not had the resources that most championship managers dream of (which is what the article suggests) is flat wrong, and more excuse mongering from Bruce's mates in the press. Sorry - not mates, professional acquaintances.

This is why I dont give a shit what the media will say if we sack Bruce and I would hope that NSWE wouldn't either.  

Quite right. The media has never been a friend to us. We should not care about them.

Â