Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

I'd love to hear the thought process behind his substitutions tonight, I really would. 

I actually thought it made sense. Strengthened the midfield gap left by grealish and brought on fresh legs to try and hassle them, catch them on the break if we got the chance.

I have a LOT of problems with the way we came out in the secnd half but the subs I thought were logical. 

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

But we didn't get the result today because of Johnstone, Grealish, and their keeper and not the tactics.

No we didn't get the result today because of poor tactics and poor substitutions.

Against that Forest side with the players we have we should have been cruising by the time Grealish was sent off, even with Johnstone's mistake. Then after the sending off he should never have taken both strikers off as it just invites pressure on ourselves resulting in their winning goal.

I'm not even a football manager and it was all just so glaringly obvious.

• Like 3

That team was never set up right BUT, we looked good first half. Grealish was anonymous second half and I was screaming for him to be changed for Adomah but he was left on and we paid the price - due to stupidity I might add! 

Bruce should have left it as it was. Forest were no real threat and Kodija and Hogan looked dangerous on the break.  The changes killed us and Bruce is totally to blame. 

I said to my Dad that forest would win after those changes,especially when he took our only real defensive midfielder off. Bruce needs to take full responsibility for that or he loses my support. 

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

No we didn't get the result today because of poor tactics and poor substitutions.

Against that Forest side with the players we have we should have been cruising by the time Grealish was sent off, even with Johnstone's mistake. Then after the sending off he should never have taken both strikers off as it just invites pressure on ourselves resulting in their winning goal.

I'm not even a football manager and it was all just so glaringly obvious.

Wish I could like this a dozen times! 

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Protecting the draw when down to 10 men.  No real issue with the substitutions tbh.

Protecting a result by inviting more pressure on ourselves and taking away all outlets. Bit of a tactical own goal in my opinion. 

Edited by Michelsen

15 minutes ago, andyh said:

Ahhhh.

maybe the poor lambs shouldn't be playing professional football if the can't deal with pressure.

what a **** stupid post.

So yours would be a disrespectful post? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make the post stupid.

Just now, Michelsen said:

Protecting a result by inviting more pressure. 

We were letting Forest have the ball anyway - he just brought fresh legs on to chase them and pressure it a bit IMO (although not sure about the Andre Green change).

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I didn't want him but its no good changing the manager at this stage. Give him the season and if we don't improve then bring someone else in.

This for me too. There wasn't many folks didn't want Bruce but I was one of those that didn't. But no way can we sack him now. He's not a poor manager all of a sudden. Only a few days since the transfer window shut! Got to give him a chance to work with his own players and create a team. It's not that we can't start all over again it's more like we need to see if he can gel his own players together before making that decision. There were some signs of the beginning of that even tonight. It was better than Brentford that's for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

One of the causes to our instability is the the high demands and pressure fans put on the players and manager. 

If we have learnt one thing it should be patience

Your new aren't you. I would handle the pressure for 50k a week. I would play my best, an many are, its just they are not used to the negative coaching Bruce is training. Didn't wanna use the word tactics!

Team Last Six (oldest first) PTS
1 Norwich City
  • D
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • W
2 Leeds United 13
3 Huddersfield Town 13
4 Newcastle United
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • W
5 Brighton & Hove Albion 12
6 Nottingham Forest
  • L
  • D
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
7 Reading
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • W
  • D
8 Barnsley
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • D
9 Sheffield Wednesday
  • D
  • D
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • W
10 Cardiff City
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • L
11 Preston North End
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • D
  • L
  • D
12 Brentford
  • D
  • D
  • W
  • L
  • L
  • W
13 Blackburn Rovers
  • D
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • W
14 Queens Park Rangers 8
15 Derby County
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • L
16 Wigan Athletic
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • L
17 Wolverhampton Wanderers 7
18 Fulham
  • L
  • W
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • L
19 Burton Albion
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • W
20 Birmingham City
  • L
  • D
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • W
21 Ipswich Town
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • D
22 Bristol City
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • D
  • W
23 Rotherham United
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • L
24 Aston Villa 2

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/championship/form-guide.html

Form table, last 6 games

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villianusa said:

So yours would be a disrespectful post? Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make the post stupid.

Yes, it was a **** stupid post.

to cite players not being able to cope with the pressure and expectation of playing for Villa was **** stupid.

most of the players on show tonight have only played a handful of games for the club between them.

if they can't cope with playing for Aston Villa, maybe they should have **** stayed where they were.

but, no,I don't think they are weighed down by exoection, they are shackled with shite tactics.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's lunacy to think about letting him go now. If we don't improve by the end of the season it may be worth reviewing but madness to sack the guy now.

Yeah I think that is how I want it to go. Problem is, I am really angry and so as I always do I will log off till tomorrow and evaluate things with a clear mind.

Â