Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Absolute bollocks. I know shit football when I see it

Well how easy is it to get a set of new players to play total football in one week?

Didn't you guys notice the nice passage play we had around the 70th minute. We showed glimpses of things to come.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Forget the decision making process behind it, or the this and that and is it a good idea or not, if I woke up tomorrow to find he had been sacked I'd be pleased. 

Aston Villa are  bigger than one man. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm happy to watch us go through 10,000 managers if it means we get back to where we belong. 'Stability' is overrated when that stability consists of being embarrassing every week. 

The new coach would still suffer from head rush hoofers and petulant idiots. Can't understand how just because Jack got sent off we clicked, players found space and each other and then Jack does that, idiot.

2 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

I expected to see posts calling for the manager to go already. Haha! Such negativity. Who are we going to get in? It could be Ancelotti and there would be calls for him to be fired. 

We need to be patient and we need stability. Overhauling a squad takes time and it will take time for the new players to settle with their team mates and moving house etc etc. 

Bruce has been there and done it before, so give him the time to do it. David O'Leary was right - we are fickle! How about blame Jack Grealish for being a class A idiot for tonights result? 

Is it negative to expect the most expensive team in the history of the championship to at least entertain a bit? 
And yes, you are right, if it was Ancelotti who played this dire football ans such poor results, I would want him gone, don't care about the name of the manager, don't care about his history, it means nothing when you are failing as miserably as Bruce is at the moment. 

He is yet to use nearly the same team two games on a row, making so many changes every game, he plays the worst and most negative football I have ever witnessed and he does this WITHOUT GETTING RESULTS. If it takes so long for new players to settle THEN DON*T USE THEM. Also his substitutions are an absolute joke. Waits forever and they never have any impact at all, except for Grealish at times. Grealish was an idiot, but he only missed the last10 minutes of the game, he can't be solely blamed for the other 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

One of the causes to our instability is the the high demands and pressure fans put on the players and manager. 

If we have learnt one thing it should be patience

Ahhhh.

maybe the poor lambs shouldn't be playing professional football if the can't deal with pressure.

what a **** stupid post.

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

Well how easy is it to get a set of new players to play total football in one week?

Didn't you guys notice the nice passage play we had around the 70th minute. We showed glimpses of things to come.

Yep, thought we were winning it at that point.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Forget the decision making process behind it, or the this and that and is it a good idea or not, if I woke up tomorrow to find he had been sacked I'd be pleased. 

Aston Villa are  bigger than one man. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm happy to watch us go through 10,000 managers if it means we get back to where we belong. 'Stability' is overrated when that stability consists of being embarrassing every week. 

I think we need to get rowett in, him or dean smith if dr xia sacks him in summer. Just for the record I am not saying sack him yet but if this shit continues he has to go, we are no better than under di Matteo 

Just now, DK82 said:

The new coach would still suffer from head rush hoofers and petulant idiots. Can't understand how just because Jack got sent off we clicked, players found space and each other and then Jack does that, idiot.

Nah not having that mate. These are good players in the main. Solid professionals. 

• Like 3

Constantly questioning Bruce and his decision making. He seems totally inept at reacting to situations. Wednesday night showed that and tonight did too, in different ways but both have showed an ineffectiveness in affecting a game through tactical thought. Forest are pretty awful and we simply hoofed it up to them. We're fighting to be a mid table team and considering the money we've spent that is just laughable.

Bruce now has a lot of Villa fans questioning him and that will make for a vervous atmosphere at Villa Park. Bruce hit the ground running with us in stopping us constantly losing, but even in the opening games where he stopped the rot it was hurrendous to watch (Wolves, Reading). Now he's regressed from achieving points in games and kept us playing so poor. 

It boils down to Bruce not having any style of play adopted, no game plan and no idea when things turn. That alone will keep us rooted to this league. At present, were striving to reach mid table and severely struggling at that. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

So Westwood, Ayew, Cisdokko, Gestede, etc gone but no change.

Players who excelled at previous Clubs looking bang average for 80% of the time .

The common denominator to our poor showings are the Manager, just as he was the reason for the good run he started with. 

And thank God for that run else we would be staring at League 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

And? That is a tactic many teams use. Sit back and catch teams on the counter attack. Just because it isn't a tactic you like doesn't mean it is wrong.

But we aren't even a counter attacking team. We just hoof the ball 40 yards to Kodjia. That tactic has now been cunningly refined to hoof it 40 yards to Kodjia or Hogan.

• Like 3

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

It's been the away performances a lot longer than new players arrived. 23% odd possession against Forest? **** off

• Like 1

And to anyone blaming our players for this negative football, bollocks to you all, it is instructions as these players did not play this way before joining us. They are merely following instructions from Bruce. Non of the midfield 3 we used today are defensive minded, yet they all played in defense. Non of them are hoofball players, they are all football players that like to pass it around, surely they are playing against instinct because someone is telling them to.

• Like 1

Â