Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Think we were a bit too negative overall, but I think if the players play to Bruce's game today we win. We created more than enough to win. He was let down by a keeper for the first and ultimately Jack for the second. 

Those things, along with a couple of superb saves at the other end, are things you can't legislate for.

He was let down by not having the balls to go and kill off the game.

Players let Villa down big time today. Coasting in the first with very little pressure until Johnstone dropped the ball.

Only one team in it second half until Jack got himself sent off. Two very good saves from the Forest keeper kept them in the game.

Bruce tried to get to a 441 with fresh legs and was correct move for me. We might have got a point if Chester had been in the right position and not just look at the scorer but marked him.

Tactics were fine but players weren't.

Saying that, we can't go on getting results like this.

Tactical disaster, every decision Bruce made was wrong , Bacuna is hopeless , Amavi is far better as a wing back, striker off , Hogan was occupying 3 defenders , Bruce is failing, we are failing,

I'm afraid he's not good enough, give him to the end of the season then replace him if things don't improve dramatically, which on today's showing is not going to happen 

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

LOL so what do we do then?

Appoint another manager that brings in his own players and the same shit happens?

That's the issue. There's no obvious answer. But giving a bloke more time when it's clearly not working isn't the right approach either (not saying we've reached that point yet)

Look at Lambert. Giving Sherwood time wouldn't have done anything. 

We have to have the right man worthy of time. 

• Like 2

Â