Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Is it negative to expect the most expensive team in the history of the championship to at least entertain a bit? 
And yes, you are right, if it was Ancelotti who played this dire football ans such poor results, I would want him gone, don't care about the name of the manager, don't care about his history, it means nothing when you are failing as miserably as Bruce is at the moment. 

He is yet to use nearly the same team two games on a row, making so many changes every game, he plays the worst and most negative football I have ever witnessed and he does this WITHOUT GETTING RESULTS. If it takes so long for new players to settle THEN DON*T USE THEM. Also his substitutions are an absolute joke. Waits forever and they never have any impact at all, except for Grealish at times. Grealish was an idiot, but he only missed the last10 minutes of the game, he can't be solely blamed for the other 90 minutes. 

The manager merry go round will continue with this mentality. That's done us well for the last 6 or 7 years hasn't it? So if we got a new manager in and this continues do you sack them as well? Or give them time to sell all of Bruce's signings and bring in his own and then sack him after? 

Christ, not even Ancelotti would be safe here. Says it all. If we keep sacking managers then who will want to manage here? Also, the players can continue to hide behind the managers criticism. It's just a recipe for disaster this constant "manager out" thinking. Please, just give him some time! At least until later this year to see where we are. 

• Like 1

Just now, andyh said:

Yes, it was a **** stupid post.

to cite players not being able to cope with the pressure and expectation of playing for Villa was **** stupid.

most of the players on show tonight have only played a handful of games for the club between them.

if they can't cope with playing for Aston Villa, maybe they should have **** stayed where they were.

but, no,I don't think they are weighed down by exoection, they are shackled with shite tactics.

I disagree with your opinion, so go ahead a call my post stupid if it makes you feel better. 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's lunacy to think about letting him go now. If we don't improve by the end of the season it may be worth reviewing but madness to sack the guy now.

Lunacy is 4 losses and 2 draws in last 6 and wanting to keep. His decisions are costing us results

• Like 3

Bottom of the form table from last 6 games and they were not a difficult set of games too. A proper replacement needs to be scouted and in place by March or April to try finish off the season with some bit of momentum. The length of time dross has been served up at this stage indicates that he isn't going to be able to get the best out of these players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We were letting Forest have the ball anyway - he just brought fresh legs on to chase them and pressure it a bit IMO (although not sure about the Andre Green change).

They had the ball but with Kodjia and Hogan on we looked more likely to score and kept their defenders busy. Bruce withdrew his cavalry and waved the white flag - their manager must have been delighted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicken Field said:

Most players in every team make mistake, especially in the Championship, when you set your team up defensively like that, the mistakes will be more costly. For us to get any positive result playing the way we do, the players must play flawless games whilst our attackers coming out with individual brilliance. It's just not a reliable nor entertaining way of playing football and so far for us it has not even given us decent results.

Never said it was entertaining.

Yes, players make mistakes but when your goalkeeper drops a ball at the forward's feet and a player hacks a player down while on a yellow expect to be punished. Player's mistakes and not the manager.

It kills me, because to be fair, when you look at the Championship and the points, games won and lost, you really haven't gotta have a great team to get in the play offs. Though one thing for sure is, you have to have shite team to end up in the bottom six.

Am I the only one here who genuinely believes that in the long-term it doesn't matter who our manager is?

That isn't to say Bruce should be excused from his many failings but it's like this club wears down everything it touches.

2 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

The manager merry go round will continue with this mentality. That's done us well for the last 6 or 7 years hasn't it? So if we got a new manager in and this continues do you sack them as well? Or give them time to sell all of Bruce's signings and bring in his own and then sack him after? 

Christ, not even Ancelotti would be safe here. Says it all. If we keep sacking managers then who will want to manage here? Also, the players can continue to hide behind the managers criticism. It's just a recipe for disaster this constant "manager out" thinking. Please, just give him some time! At least until later this year to see where we are. 

I totally agree, sacking multiple managers the way we are, is not the way to get success in most parts (Though many premier league teams will show you have effective it can be to change managers when there is a bigger plan behind the club) 

Our problem since the days of Lerner has been that the manager have had 100% say in how we play and who we buy, we need the higher ups to instill a style, so that we can hire managers that fit us so that we don't have to adapt to every manager. Though, this is a longer discussion, that I am unwilling to get into. 

The problem with Bruce, is that I honestly can't think of one positive thing to say about him, I can't see us going up with him in charge next season regardless of his record. He has done well for poor teams, he has never had a team that takes controls of matches. Buying all the talent in the league means that we HAVE to be the team that takes control of matches, the team that dictates tempo. Bruce has no game plan, he puts 11 players on and asks them all to defend just in front of our box, and then he buys players that want possession, that want through balls, that wan't to play football, why he is not allowing them to do what they are good at, makes no sense to me.

We need to bring in a manager that will fit a certain style, only buy players for that style and only hire managers that fit that style, like Southampton are doing. 

Mistakes will happen every game, the way Bruce set's us up makes them costly. The top 10 teams in the Championship would have at least scored 3 today, as Nottingham were very poor. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villianusa said:

How many coaches would have done any different? 1-1 away from home with 13 minutes left. Two lines of four and one up top.

Quite a few managers would have done it differently, I think. 

It's not as if a draw away at Forest is worth much in our situation anyway. Cowardice when you really have nothing to lose is, well, cowardly.

• Like 3

Do you know the average time for professional players to learn a new formation? Two to three months for those who don't.

Bruce came into a poor team who finally started to get it before the holiday. We started to buy new players and rip up that squad and build one of better players. It is going ti take two to three months for these guys to fully understand it. I'm not saying it won't get better game by game but they won't fully understand it for a while.

So, people say let's sack the manager, bring in another one with different tactics. a few months down the line, rinse and start again. He has the players now, it needs to get a lot better by the end of the season. That is when I will make my judgment on him.

This team will get us promoted next season with or without Bruce, I think it's too late this season, with or without Bruce.

• Like 1

Just now, villianusa said:

Do you know the average time for professional players to learn a new formation? Two to three months for those who don't.

Bruce came into a poor team who finally started to get it before the holiday. We started to buy new players and rip up that squad and build one of better players. It is going ti take two to three months for these guys to fully understand it. I'm not saying it won't get better game by game but they won't fully understand it for a while.

So, people say let's sack the manager, bring in another one with different tactics. a few months down the line, rinse and start again. He has the players now, it needs to get a lot better by the end of the season. That is when I will make my judgment on him.

This team will get us promoted next season with or without Bruce, I think it's too late this season, with or without Bruce.

What is that based on?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I just don't understand what's happened. How has he gone so backwards this past month or two? Subs. tactics, game plan everything.

The only thing I can categorically say is that this run started after the Brighton game.

who joined us shortly afterwards?

• Like 1

Â