Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DK82 said:

What happened about 70mins in? What changed?

Forest tired a touch after putting in a sterling effort for 70 minutes, chasing down everything and not giving us a moments peace. 

So are we to wait till 70 minutes every game now before we start to play a bit? Because most of the time we will be a couple of goals down by then. 

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That is the tactic you lose when you are a small nation defending for your lives or fighting relegation. Not when you have hand picked the best players in the division at great expense to get promotion.

Not at all, managers pick the tactics to beat teams they play against and they can be different every game. Bar the Villa player  mistakes and their keeper we would have won game comfortably I believe.

Losing to one of the worst teams in the league.  A seemingly rubbish goalkeeper. Money spent and no team cohesion. Listening to Lee Hendrie on the footage after.

You've got a lot of work to do, Steve. Get the best out of Hogan et al and don't be afraid to drop "resident" players who aren't performing. 

Watched an interview with new Italian rugby coach conor o'shea today. He was asked what he was looking for from his team. Replied "Performances, if we consistently get to a high performance level winning will come. " Its spot on. Be honest fellas the wins we've had under Bruce so far we've been winging it. Wigan late, Cardiff at home, Blackburn, Burton.. rotten games of football, no progress in style of play, set up. We absolutely winged and now we've been found out. There was never a performance there, all an illusion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Forest tired a touch after putting in a sterling effort for 70 minutes, chasing down everything and not giving us a moments peace. 

So are we to wait till 70 minutes every game now before we start to play a bit? Because most of the time we will be a couple of goals down by then. 

Possibly. But we put our foot on the ball and made passes, we stopped even feeding it back to Johnstone. For what it's worth I'm running out of patience, but we are going to damage the club if we keep getting things so wrong. Not saying that's a reason to keep him, but we are going to be in a lot of long term trouble.

2 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Not at all, managers pick the tactics to beat teams they play against and they can be different every game. Bar the Villa player  mistakes and their keeper we would have won game comfortably I believe.

Except it isn't different every game. It has been this since day one...and it doesn't work.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I didn't want him but its no good changing the manager at this stage. Give him the season and if we don't improve then bring someone else in.

You mean get the new man in in time for league one ?

Just now, Michelsen said:

I'd love to hear the thought process behind his substitutions tonight, I really would. 

Oh shit. 10 men maybe I should make a sub. Let's play for a draw and bring the strikers off. Why are the crowd booing Lansbury. I don't really do tactics 

5 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Shit substitutions from a shithouse manager. 

Even prior to Jack's meltdown we were far too conservative against a dreadful Forest side. 

I don't think the subs played much of a part, and I actually liked the way we were setup...

...but then we did nothing to retrieve the ball or keep possession, which is ridiculous with the players we have!  Our football is dreadful but we've got some seemingly quality players (at this level) in there.  It really does need to get much better.

Â