Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

It's unrealistic to expect promotion this year.  Bruce would need to win about 55% of games and get over 70 points.  I hope villa fans don't expect miracles then turn on him and Xia if we don't go up.  Think we will need to consolidate for now and push on next season.  

• Like 2

Pretty sure Tont didn't write that! 

Anyway who cares welcome to the mad house big Steve. The bar is so low but every manager before you has only pushed it lower. Key is to lift with your legs other wise you'll do your back and never recover. 

11 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

He's going to be our best manger since Ron Saunders ;)

Well , despite the fact I think your comment is not serious and just a point scoring exercise from a manager 5 people ago, I hope so too. Personally I doubt it and that is all this is about . Difference of opinions.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

It's unrealistic to expect promotion this year.  Bruce would need to win about 55% of games and get over 70 points.  I hope villa fans don't expect miracles then turn on him and Xia if we don't go up.  Think we will need to consolidate for now and push on next season.  

Don't agree at all. There is still plenty of time, and we certainly have the team to challenge. If we don't go up though it's not really down to Bruce and it's not the end of the world, because as you stated we could crack on next season. I would never write us off just yet though.

• Like 1

The best we can really hope for until the January transfer window is that he plays a more balanced team and turn as many as possible of the draws into wins.

Once we get a midfield I expect to see real improvements.

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We'll write off yet another season then shall we!

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think anyone's said that he'll fail because they don't like him, have they? Apologies if I've missed those posts. Maybe some people who don't like him wouldn't be quite as upset if he failed as would other people - that's human nature, and it still doesn't make them bad fans.

Otherwise I agree - it's interesting to read someone's view as to why he will do well or do badly, where they explain why.

Ultimately we're all guessing, I suppose.

I think back to when we signed Heskey, and Marlon Harewood and a few other, "controversial" signings and compare and contrast the "standards" adhered to by posters then.

I guess I'm focusing on individual posts I had dialog with but I recall a poster saying 10th this season and worse next before he is sacked. Yet nothing to back it up apart from the fact he was upset with Bruce appointment and he demoralised with villa. I get the latter part but not the first. 

Â