Next Villa Manager

Richard

I don't share this idea that people have come to their common sense with regards Bruce. 

I'm sick of his boring existence already. Boring backroom staff and links to boring players like Ahmed elmohammedy.

That was before I remembered his boring son who will be an inevitable signing.

Won't make the playoffs and we will be bored to tears in failing to do so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If we approach Dyche, (and he rejects as he surely will... won't he?) will Bruce think about turning us down or asking for more money?

More worrying for me - is after the weekend fixtures could another vacancy arise - there's even talk of zenga at wolves  getting the chop . Throw a Steve Clarke win \ good performance  and we will have more indecision than ever ! 

59 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Without hitting me with the 'we're a bigger club' rhetoric..... can someone give a logical reason why Dyche would leave Burnley, after a relatively safe start to the season (in the Premier League!!!!) for us, sitting 19th in the championship and a utter shambles. I have no problems with respecting him as a manager but surely its blind hope that there is any chance he would come to us..... am i wrong? Please, anyone explain it to me, I'm all ears (or eyes as i can only read what you write)

I think there's 2 main points with this;

1 - Aston Villa probably have a higher ceiling than Burnley; particularly so if Xia's funds and ambitions are as lofty as he's made out.

2 - How far can Dyche take Burnley?  If a manager is to be considered for a "top" job, they need to be constantly achieving.  One way of doing this may be to take on managing an underachieving club and succeeding in the post.

If Dyche thinks Burnley can't go much further, he may well fancy turning things round at Villa.  I really don't think any manager (even the uninspiring ones) would fail to improve on 19th with this squad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I think there's 2 main points with this;

1 - Aston Villa probably have a higher ceiling than Burnley; particularly so if Xia's funds and ambitions are as lofty as he's made out.

2 - How far can Dyche take Burnley?  If a manager is to be considered for a "top" job, they need to be constantly achieving.  One way of doing this may be to take on managing an underachieving club and succeeding in the post.

If Dyche thinks Burnley can't go much further, he may well fancy turning things round at Villa.  I really don't think any manager (even the uninspiring ones) would fail to improve on 19th with this squad.

Agreed. If its Dyche fair enough. But lets hope he has been primed - Some abortive approach and we end up with Steve Clarke for the rest of the season - is the turn of events I can see materializing here...

Dyche has always been my first choice.

However I think the pull of the Premiership will be too much for someone who has worked hard to get there with a club that he has been loyal with. 

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours that the players have signed a letter asking that Clarke be given the job. 

Gonna lump £50 on him ! - I reckon he is favourite now....

Hasn't Clarke been practically the manager anyway,

Apparently RDM never took training session and the coaching of the players was left to Clarke so i guess we can thank him for 2-1-2-5 set ups :D

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours that the players have signed a letter asking that Clarke be given the job. 

oh dear players signing letters at Villa never ends well

35 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rumours? Where? Seeing as most players are away it doesn't sound right at all. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think they should put all of their focus on playing a little better starting against Wolves. If there is any truth to such rumours I have to wonder why given our results to date that they want continuity and how any incoming other manager would react to the players he will be taking over clearly wanting someone else.