Next Villa Manager

Richard

18 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

1 win in 11, could be read as 2 defeats in 11.

its not 10 defeats in 11, if it was then yes sack him, but 2 defeats in 11 is pretty good considering how we were losing every game last season. 

Yes two defeats with a pathetic 10 goals scored and conceding goals in f in final 5 minutes most games. Not even mcleish managed to embarrass us like rdm has

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

If Gollini didnt make a few mistakes that he did that cost us goals, would people still be shouting for RDMs head?

(just for the record, I am not casting blame on Gollini!)

Remind us who signed golllini and didnt bother signing a more experienced keeper to challenge him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Why?? Even Mccleish won more games than RDM has with a smaller budget and more difficult level?

He's been in charge 11 games ffs. Give him a season and see the comparison then, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

He's been in charge 11 games ffs. Give him a season and see the comparison then, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 

So you think 11 games his record is acceptable? In my eyes he is doing worse than mcleish did after 11 games and that speaks volumes

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you think 11 games his record is acceptable? In my eyes he is doing worse than mcleish did after 11 games and that speaks volumes

I don't think it's unacceptable, it could've easily have been better, yes it's a results business but we will start winning and we will be in the promotion places or there abouts if RDM continues at the helm, you've got to give this whole new set up time to gel and click, 11 games is nowhere near enough for that to have happened, after 20 games and nothing's changed then you might even start to see me calling for him to go, but for now, I honestly believe he will get results and performances, but need the fans to show a little faith and not boo the team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don't think it's unacceptable, it could've easily have been better, yes it's a results business but we will start winning and we will be in the promotion places or there abouts if RDM continues at the helm, you've got to give this whole new set up time to gel and click, 11 games is nowhere near enough for that to have happened, after 20 games and nothing's changed then you might even start to see me calling for him to go, but for now, I honestly believe he will get results and performances, but need the fans to show a little faith and not boo the team. 

I think it is on borderline unacceptable to be honest mate. We have as many wins as the worst team in the league (our only victory against them I might add) who have also scored more goals than us 

even giants burton Albion have won more than us. 

No one expected miracles straight away like 5-6 wins in the trot but one win in 12 is pathetic, we should have won more of these games. diff we were getting better you could argue but same problems are happening over and over.

all a manager has to do against us is apply pressure for final 10 minutes and we crumble guaranteed. I expect far better than what we have seen so far. How can a manager with the like of McCormack, ayew, kodjia and Rudy only manage 10 goals? That's ridiculous.

its like having unlimited lives on a computer game but you can't get past the first level despite 1000 attempts

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think it is on borderline unacceptable to be honest mate. We have as many wins as the worst team in the league (our only victory against them I might add) who have also scored more goals than us 

No one expected miracles straight away like 5-6 wins in the trot but one win in 12 is pathetic, we should have won more of these games. diff we were getting better you could argue but same problems are happening over and over.

all a manager has to do against us is apply pressure for final 10 minutes and we crumble guaranteed. I expect far better than what we have seen so far. How can a manager with the like of McCormack, ayew, kodjia and Rudy only manage 10 goals? That's ridiculous.

its like having unlimited lives on a computer game but you can't get past the first level despite 1000 attempts

Lol love that analogy!

i do see your points and can agree to an extent, tho I am in the camp of giving the manager 20 games, if he hasn't sussed it then then yeah move him on, tho I was encouraged by his early work with us and just feel surely we can get back to that. 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seriously, what is it with our fans belittling other clubs?  Embarrassing.

• Like 4

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:11, markavfc40 said:

Changing managers could be disastrous. You mean it could get worse than 1 win in 11.

Yes, absolutely - it could be 11 losses in 11 and ZERO points..... last season says hello.......

17 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yes, absolutely - it could be 11 losses in 11 and ZERO points..... last season says hello.......

And even then it could still get worse of course as it could be 12 defeats etc etc. I was being realistic and I think given the squad we have then 1 win in 11 was about the worst anyone would have realistically expected. It certainly was for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

And even then it could still get worse of course as it could be 12 defeats etc etc. I was being realistic and I think given the squad we have then 1 win in 11 was about the worst anyone would have realistically expected. It certainly was for me.

Agreed, and I am not happy with it, in fact I have gone through several other emotions..... anger, depression, disbelief, amusement etc, but I don't think that getting rid of RDM is the answer at the moment. It sends the wrong message, and wont necessarily help. I genuinely did not expect a return to the prem next season, and would actually give RDM a lot more time to get it right (at least half a season) and failing that, a new manager having half a season to get it right and storm the championship next season if RDM cannot do it this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I really get frustrated at this 'could have been better' defence, yes it could be it could also have been worse, it is what it is. And what it is is poor.

Just to add I don't think the fans have booed the team, the frustration is with the manager and his frankly terrible tactical decisions to date.

I really dont understand all this "give RDM time" "wait till we click".......etc.

Just imagine you are the "Boss" of the company AVFC. You've invested ££££££'s and made an appointment who you want to lead us back to the PL asap

(knowing that every year you fail costs more and more investment and due to money-laiden Relegated clubs coming down will make it even more competetive. Not only will you have to out-do those who you didnt out do, you have 3 stronger teams to out-do next season)

The more pts dropped each game just brings you less possible pts to catch up on an ever widening margin.

Do you stick or twist on that what you've seen already?

Maybe in sacking RDM we sack the wrong cause of our results!

If Clarke stepped up and took a more "free-reign" at training sessions and we still drop pts like RDM, then at least we discover the root cause.

As said here by many - same proccess expecting different results is madness.

Before we have too much to do in catching up - 1st place out of reach - 2nd place out of reach - 3rd.... and so on till 7th is best we can hope for. Would you rather risk the change to get it right? Or risk the same that remains the same?

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

My dad has gone full conspiracy since Leicester won the league. Reckons it was all set up. With the recent revelations coming out who knows.

And us finally going down? Discussion for another thread anyway.

If Leicester winning the Premier League was a set up, it would have required a budget of Hollywood movie type proportions.

On 9/29/2016 at 08:26, roadoftrinity said:

Actually, this is a very good point. 

Benitez took over Newcastle and they were still relegated, but they have benefited from keeping him. Really, since we have appointed RDM we should be giving him until Christmas at least 

why Xmas....oh! is it the time of year everyone gets the sack?:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I really get frustrated at this 'could have been better' defence, yes it could be it could also have been worse, it is what it is. And what it is is poor.

Just to add I don't think the fans have booed the team, the frustration is with the manager and his frankly terrible tactical decisions to date.

I also get frustrated by the anti RDM brigade but hey hum, is what it is. Once he is sacked you'll just turn on the next manager and so on and so forth. 

• Like 1