PieFacE

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Same old Arsenal.  Good season for them finishing second though 

Good season when Emery finished 5th and got them to the Europa League final to but they hounded him out for it. Media darling Arteta won’t though.

• Like 2

Man City "winning" anything doesn't count so it's another year without a Premier League winner as far as I'm concerned.

Arsenal were never going to win it and whilst they will see it as a missed opportunity, I think the reality is that 2nd was the best they could really hope for. 

You can't compete with cheats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You can't compete with cheats.

Will get lost in the laughing and calling arsenal bottlers but that's the truth

Arsenal can't rest their £100m player by playing their £60m player, no one other than city can

When Gabriel got injured rob holding played, City have a £40m back up for their £80m CB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it was a massive bottle-job. Whatever you want to say about their pre-season expectations, since the beginning of the collapse a few qweeks ago, they have shown no spine, and no confidence and been all over the place. 

They won't get top 4 next year

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will get lost in the laughing and calling arsenal bottlers but that's the truth

Arsenal can't rest their £100m player by playing their £60m player, no one other than city can

When Gabriel got injured rob holding played, City have a £40m back up for their £80m CB

Arsenal have spent a fortune over the past 4 seasons 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They got caught by a squad that cost double theirs...

They were 9 points clear thanks to a record breaking start that they couldn't sustain

The belittling of arsenal only serves to absolve the bullshit that is man city's advantage over everyone else, arsenal are no different, City have a huge advantage over them

Won't change either mate. Its as of Man City don't even try till half the seasons gone, like give us a head start.

No one is better than them, if they lose, its just a lazy day, they win at will.

• Like 1

Saliba getting injured killed their title hopes.

Edit: Since he got injured they've only taken 15 out of 27 points and shipped 17 goals in 9 games. Obviously it's not only down to him missing.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

it was a massive bottle-job.

It wasn't really. They were over achieving and were always going to hit a patch of poor form. They never had the squad to maintain it over 38 games. I don't think they bottled it, they just aren't good enough. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Good season when Emery finished 5th and got them to the Europa League final to but they hounded him out for it. Media darling Arteta won’t though.

Arteta was getting absolute pelters from everyone including me. Luckily the board stuck by him because he's done a great job.

• Like 1

They'll struggle next season.

What's slightly overlooked is they chucked in the domestic cup competitions to have a real go at winning the league. Also went out of europe in first knock out stage so been playing once a week for many months now and still looked very leggy in last few weeks.

Next season back in CL it will be much more high intensity midweek games so that will impact on league results unless they get 2-3 top players in.

For all the stick Man. United have got they will still finish top 4 reasonably comfortably while winning league cup, getting to FA cup final and going further in europa so that's something Arsenal still have to prove next season given the squad strengths are similar quality. 

City have the strongest squad in the league, yes, but arsenal have still collapsed. Dropping points to bottom of the table Southampton ffs. Today they had enough to at the very least draw the game, they capitulated after going 1-0 down. Brighton have another game to think about during the week at Newcastle and have gone far in the FA Cup unlike Arsenal who went out early, yet played with much more energy.

Obviously today's result affected us but if I were an Arsenal fan I'd be fuming putting on that type of performance and giving up the title even though mathematically they can still win it. Its spineless.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

City have the strongest squad in the league, yes, but arsenal have still collapsed. Dropping points to bottom of the table Southampton ffs. Today they had enough to at the very least draw the game, they capitulated after going 1-0 down. Brighton have another game to think about during the week at Newcastle and have gone far in the FA Cup unlike Arsenal who went out early, yet played with much more energy.

Obviously today's result affected us but if I were an Arsenal fan I'd be fuming putting on that type of performance and giving up the title even though mathematically they can still win it. Its spineless.

Good point I'd check if Brighton are on the old inhalers

15 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yeah kinda where I am. 

City are obviously miles ahead of them in terms of squad quality, spending power, experience etc etc.

But I don’t think you can throw two goal leads away in back to back games, draw at home to the bottom placed side and lose 3-0 at home in a must win game AND also expect no critique of the bottling/collapsing/whatever variety.

Man City being good/financially doping their way to another title didn’t cause Arsenal’s defeat today or the other results mentioned.

• Like 1

Â