PieFacE

4 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

Just gonna put it out there - I don’t think Arsenal are going to win the title this year.

I've been thinking the same thing over the past few weeks.  Their lack of experience in this situation could cost them.  I think they needed to build a really strong lead in the title race to be able to relax during the run-in.  Instead they've dropped points and have a very experienced title-winning team breathing down their necks.  Xhaka and now Ramsdale have now made silly mistakes to cost them wins against the dippers and southampton. 

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

City were always going to win in. And they will win it next season as well…

Exactly why i wanted arsenal to win it

How anyone can opt for those cheating bastards city again ill never know. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I suspect you’re kinda answering it here.

It doesn’t count when they win it. None of it does. We all know they’ve cheated. 

This will just be another season where a large proportion of supporters will be of the opinion that because City won it, no one won it. 

No one winning it is better than Arsenal (or Man Utd, Liverpool etc) winning it. They’re all unlikeable, so if the team that wins it is also the one where you can question the legitimacy of their achievements, so be it.

That I believe is the rationale behind it and as may be gathered from this post, I am somewhat sympathetic towards that way of thinking.

Added to this, my personal feeling towards them (which is also fed by the above). There’s a bland, monotonous quality about them. I basically think of them in same way I think of Times New Roman when it comes to their success.

Until City are proven to have cheated the record books will show another City Title, let's get real, City have enough money to make these charges against them disappear. We know they have but their fans are are complete c#ck wombles. Rival fans are jealous of the success. 90% of their fan base probably don't remember them when they were in the lower leagues!!

I would have rather seen Arsenal won the title. Arteta is a self entitled #### and their fans are!

But it's better then a a team that cost over 1 BILLIONto assemble Winning the league every year. 

Hopefully Jack make another fool of himself p#ssed up again...

43 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I suspect you’re kinda answering it here.

It doesn’t count when they win it. None of it does. We all know they’ve cheated. 

This will just be another season where a large proportion of supporters will be of the opinion that because City won it, no one won it. 

No one winning it is better than Arsenal (or Man Utd, Liverpool etc) winning it. They’re all unlikeable, so if the team that wins it is also the one where you can question the legitimacy of their achievements, so be it.

That I believe is the rationale behind it and as may be gathered from this post, I am somewhat sympathetic towards that way of thinking.

Added to this, my personal feeling towards them (which is also fed by the above). There’s a bland, monotonous quality about them. I basically think of them in same way I think of Times New Roman when it comes to their success.

city are even boring to watch. its robotic in its efficiency to just despatch teams at will. whilst i dont want the cheats to win, as you say, it kinda doesn't count

plus it's funny watching arsenal choke...i'm just sad there won't be an all or nothing on this season for us to relive it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Until City are proven to have cheated the record books will show another City Title, let's get real, City have enough money to make these charges against them disappear. We know they have but their fans are are complete c#ck wombles. Rival fans are jealous of the success. 90% of their fan base probably don't remember them when they were in the lower leagues!!

I would have rather seen Arsenal won the title. Arteta is a self entitled #### and their fans are!

But it's better then a a team that cost over 1 BILLIONto assemble Winning the league every year. 

With regards to City, I don’t think most people need it to be proven. As you say, they can make this disappear. Them making it go away isn’t going to make supporters suddenly think “Hey, guess I was wrong about City, they were legit the whole time!”. In the minds of football supporters there’s always going to be a big asterisk by their success.

As for their supporters, personally I don’t think I’ve met one. All clubs have dickhead supporters. At least with a City supporter, when they’re bragging about their success you can metaphorically pat them on the head, saying “Yes of course.” while chuckling to yourself.

I can genuinely say I’m not envious of a supporter of another club. I’m not sure I’ve ever been. I have friends who are Man United supporters, they’ve seen more success in 1999 than I likely ever will. Despite this, I’ve never felt envious of them. And they haven’t been happy with their club for years now.

My stance with it broadly is “Did Villa win it? No? Right not massively bothered then.”

51 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Thats the way i look at it. This is as bad as whwn utd were dominating under fergie. It sucks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This is as bad as whwn utd were dominating under fergie. It sucks

For me, there was always a grudging appreciation when Man Utd won it as often they didn't have the strongest team. SAF got titles out of O'Shea, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher etc. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City latterly sometimes better squads on paper IMO. 

Today, Man City should be winning the title as they are a team of superstars, led by a very good manager

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

For me, there was always a grudging appreciation when Man Utd won it as often they didn't have the strongest team. SAF got titles out of O'Shea, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher etc. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City latterly sometimes better squads on paper IMO. 

Today, Man City should be winning the title as they are a team of superstars, led by a very good manager

The thing is though it's easy to forget as was so long ago, united were spending big back then and no one could compete with them. They use to poach and unsettle the best players (like they did with yorke with us) then when roman came to chelsea a club that was spening bigger than them the tide started changing. 

If nswe bought us at the time when roman was coming im certain we would have won a lot of silverware, it was just chelsea got in there 1st and had a massive head start ahead of everyone.

I got no respect for utd back then. The amount of fergie time at old trafford and the diving. Just as bad as this city but they just have larger amounts of cash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

100% this

Man City should be winning the league with what they've spent, they should be winning everything

• 2 weeks later...
Â