PieFacE

56 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Lacazette too, they're getting more of a tune out of him now but he's been embarrassing at times in the last 2 years 

Think I read he is in the last 6 months of his contract 

19 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Right thing to do. They save £25m in wages. Nobody was going to pay money for him and then give him the deal he would want.

Only Barcelona would be stupid enough to take him and his wages on, he has been a very pale shadow of the player he once was and the dose of malaria and 2 doses of covid coupled with heart lesions won't have helped either.

• 1 month later...
On 17/03/2022 at 11:43, The_Steve said:

Arteta moaning about “fixture congestion”. **** off mate. 

Pi****s me right off he does. 4 games in 42 days apparently and he is moaning about the fixture times. If they get Champions league football they will have lots more games, does he not understand that.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 11:43, The_Steve said:

Arteta moaning about “fixture congestion”. **** off mate. 

Especially when they cried Covid over Christmas to get out of the north London derby… double standards by Arteta. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Especially when they cried Covid over Christmas to get out of the north London derby… double standards by Arteta. 

They also loaned some players out that meant they didnt have enough players to ply games 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Seems like they are set for 4th. I remember at the start of the season we were debating whether we had a better squad than them 😂

Yep, i think the social media banter sites have convinced people that arsenal are a lot worse than they are, they've sorted themselves out, I'm not saying they're a classic top 4 team but they're still miles better than us, passed it round us with ease at times and even their usually weakest part the CBs took Ollie out of the game (to be fair we helped with that...) 

And saka is a star

• Like 1

And I would add something else which was discussed last summer and around the sacking of deano where apparently we must do better because we've spent £300m on our entire squad since promotion 

That arsenal starting 11 today cost circa £320m, with their 2 best players coming through the academy, they then had a further £100m on the bench, bearing in mind they gave away a £60m player for nothing in January and had another 2 first teamers worth £60m out injured and a wage bill that is around double ours

There's a reason why they are better than us, we've spent comparatively little to these teams we're trying to catch 

• Like 3

They've got a decent first 11 nowadays but my god the subs at the end....Nketieh was again useless at any sort of hold up play and Pepe was bad aswell. They're a bit like Liverpool a few years back, very little depth so they won't be finishing top 4 next season if they don't sign a good CF.

54 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Seems like they are set for 4th. I remember at the start of the season we were debating whether we had a better squad than them 😂

In fairness their subs bench is very very average....Holding isn't better than Chambers who's done alright so far, Nkeiteh and Pepe were terrible when they came on and someone like Eleneny who's their back up CM wouldn't improve us at all.

However from looking last season like we were really closing the gap on likes of Arsenal there's now a decent gulf between the teams again. Them knocking the ball with speed first half and creating space with the quick passing triangles versus our slow pedestrian play said it all.

We can play like that v likes of Southampton but tbh we miss Grealish for games like today as they were frightened to death of him on the ball.

• Like 1

Â