Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

I am far less worried about his penalty than I am about his complete inability to do anything creative against a poor quality league 1 defence.

Every time he got the ball he just lost it.

With the exception of a 3 month scoring spree last year he has been totally ineffective for 2.5 years.

The penalty?  Meh...  It's not really his job, he just isn't very good at his job either.

He has a future in rugby league with that follow up kick from the penalty save last night. His goals and reliability last season kept us in with a chance of promotion when we could easily have dropped out of contention but his form left him as we approached the play offs and has yet to return. His confidence is shot and our new signings will put him under pressure. I hope he can motivate himself to get over his current slump in form and I will not be giving up on him doing that just yet. Even if he doesn't, I won't be getting on his back given what he has done for us in the past.     

• Like 1

We hate the penalty because it was saved. If the keeper dived the other way we'd be saying how cool & confident he was just rolling it into the net. The worry is he didn't adjust his shot when the keeper dives before him taking it.

As for the follow up, the video shows the keeper getting a touch on it before Albert which led to him ballooning it over. Game of inches.

His form however, is very worrying.

I finally saw the penalty and no surprise the OTT reactions as usual. yes it was a poor penalty yes but he was stretching for the 2nd attempt 

I was expecting his 2nd miss to be like Carew at Newcastle

Just now, Zatman said:

I finally saw the penalty and no surprise the OTT reactions as usual. yes it was a poor penalty yes but he was stretching for the 2nd attempt 

I was expecting his 2nd miss to be like Carew at Newcastle

Yeah I thought the same. Not a great penalty but not as terrible as some are making out.

He's in poor form but he's been a very good payer for us for 2 seasons now. 

He'll be back. And with the extra competition as well as not needing to rely on him as much, I think it will all help.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would leave us with 2 natural wingers

But its ok because we have another 4 square pegs who can play there if needed...

To make that worse it would be a loan to a promotion rival

If he goes to boro bruce has lost the plot

Boro also looking at Hal Robson-Kanu apparently so Adomah might be plan B?

4 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Albert's brother on twitter...

He sounds like a lovely chap. What a absolute idiot. I'm not being funny but bruce gave him how many opportunities  yet he has been crap for too long now. Adomah has no one but himself to blame and it sound like toys spat out.

Makes me also wonder why the hell he is was taking the penalty the other night. I don't want him anywhere near pens of he is to stay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Albert scored fifteen goals and got five assists last season. He's a dangerous attacker, not a fill in defender. Bruce needs to use the guy properly as part of an attacking unit!

This is just such a myth. Since when has he played as a defender?

Adomah has no one but himself to play for his terrible performances 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is just such a myth. Since when has he played as a defender?

Adomah has no one but himself to play for his terrible performances 

I assume he means the way the team do lots of defending rather than attacking, so he spends lots of time chasing back etc, which is fine, everyone should chip in but we don't get the balance right

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I assume he means the way the team do lots of defending rather than attacking, so he spends lots of time chasing back etc, which is fine, everyone should chip in but we don't get the balance right

You're right. Adomah has to spend too much time getting back towards our defensive corner flag because of Bruce's negative set up.

Despite that he still had a direct influence on a hell of a lot of goals!

Omg!! Seriously? Loan our only other winger now green has gone, who got 15 assists last year, to a rival!? We have no cover.

i bet all the ones saying get rid are the ones moaning about CB cover! Watched from the sidelines on this forum for ages, but had to post now, if he goes that’s the worst decision of the window.

Elmo isn’t a winger, next we’ll have Hutton left wing.

shouldn't say that should I, if Steve is reading it might put ideas in his head.

1 minute ago, Viloon said:

Omg!! Seriously? Loan our only other winger now green has gone, who got 15 assists last year, to a rival!? We have no cover.

i bet all the ones saying get rid are the ones moaning about CB cover! Watched from the sidelines on this forum for ages, but had to post now, if he goes that’s the worst decision of the window.

Elmo isn’t a winger, next we’ll have Hutton left wing.

shouldn't say that should I, if Steve is reading it might put ideas in his head.

Hi Albert's Brother ;)

• Haha 3

Â