Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Against Everton in 1988, also in front of the Holte.

You're welcome ;)

Edit - Damn it... if only I'd not gone for the wank I'd have been first!

Trent!! Thought better of you

• Like 1

Don't want to big him up too much but he reminds me of Benteke a bit. Both have similar physiques and they have that touch of class about them that our other strikers just don't have. Obviously Benteke is better (not to mention a few years younger) but at this level I think Kodjia can be as good as Benteke was for us in the PL.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Against Everton in 1988, also in front of the Holte.

You're welcome ;)

Edit - Damn it... if only I'd not gone for the wink I'd have been first!

I googled it.... and spookily, it was scored on October 22nd!

http://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-everton-22-october-1988-89051/

(No quote as not needed!?)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

Don't want to big him up too much but he reminds me of Benteke a bit. Both have similar physiques and they have that touch of class about them that our other strikers just don't have. Obviously Benteke is better (not to mention a few years younger) but at this level I think Kodjia can be as good as Benteke was for us in the PL.

Benteke's only a year younger than him, but you're right...I see it too. Let's hope he can explode onto the scene like that for us as well.

14 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

By the end of the season he will be worth more than Pogba.

He's worth more than Pogba now in my opinion.

Whilst the above is obviously a bit tongue in cheek I actually don't rate Pogba at all so it does carry a degree of truth

• Like 1

He's a class act. Ran tirelessly on Saturday and looked shattered on the final whistle! He looked quite comfortable either on the wing or up top, although I think we will get the most out of him as a proper striker. He's got that goal poacher touch, like Jamie Vardy.

18 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Ido realize it wasnt called K2 then by the way its just where i was

There wasn't a K2 in the Holte back then. After the Holte had been fenced down the middle (presumably for crowd number/control), the left side (looking at the terrace from the pitch) was L block and the right side was K block. Happy days.:flag:

Well I saw him before he joined us and thought he was not all that.  Over weight,  slow,  didnt get into positions and basically did fa. But he looks the real deal in this division for us now.  Glad he's ours

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Well I saw him before he joined us and thought he was not all that.  Over weight,  slow,  didnt get into positions and basically did fa.

How long before he joined us? He may have had an excuse.

*insert photo of a chubby baby*

Edited by brommy

If you get chance to watch the extended highlights, it's basically the Jonathan Kodjia show. They're up on AVTV today, or 'AV The Informer' normally posts them up on vimeo then Twitter/Facebook at some point, though he/she only have the 2 minute highlights on their feed right now - https://twitter.com/AV_The_Informer

Powerful showing. Somebody said a while back, might have been here, that he reminds them of prime Stan Collymore, I still think that's a great shout. He's got that same swagger about him, similar build, similar attributes including a sweet right boot. 

• Like 1

Â