Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Huh, I disagree entirely. All the more reason to have a proper scouting structure in place that sources cheap effective options.

Oh, so in our position, you would have rathered our club go searching for relative, unknown potential "gems" instead of paying going dollar for PROVEN top players at this level when they can/could afford it?:rolleyes:

As supplemental players, perhaps, but certainly not with the overhaul we had and needed.

They are trying to get back to the Premier League as soon as possible. We don't have time to see if "Timmy Santiago" will turn into a lethal striker.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Huh, I disagree entirely. All the more reason to have a proper scouting structure in place that sources cheap effective options.

I don't see how that makes any difference to the point I'm making about the Fees being complained of misses the point that they include a premium ?

I do see how - as a completely separate point - you can argue that having "a proper scouting structure in place that sources cheap effective options" might alleviate big fees..but that is a different point.

And one I don't think holds a lot of water, in that it is a truism....I would think everyone (at every Club) agrees with the sentiment........but rarely produces results.  The more normal outcome of finding cheap options, IMO, is that they turn out to not be effective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

What is funny about what I said??

Well we spent more money in the summer than any team in the league, so i bet you're absolutely fuming that we aren't top of the league?

After all, after such investment winning the league is the least you must expect eh?

3 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Ronaldo is Real Madrid's all time leading goalscorer and they bought him for £80m. Was that not a good signing in your book?

Of course it was...but I wouldn't say it "some signing" . Money buys you quality. If they had picked him up for 2m then that would have been "some signing"

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Well we spent more money in the summer than any team in the league, so i bet you're absolutely fuming that we aren't top of the league?

After all, after such investment winning the league is the least you must expect eh?

No, not really but Kodjia is one, if not the most expensive and well paid Championship strikers ever. I was just questioning the "some signing" quote as if he should be anything other.

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Of course it was...but I wouldn't say it "some signing" . Money buys you quality. If they had picked him up for 2m then that would have been "some signing"

what? 37 hat-tricks, all time record goalscorer (within 7 years) and two champions league winners medals doesn't deserve to be called "some signing"? i don't even know what to say :wacko:

Kodjia looks like our best buy of the summer so far. I expect him to get better as the team gels more, too.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 1

Â