Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A 27 year old striker with two major injuries has more potential than Kodjia?

Just what?

They are both the same age. 

He looked in more than reasonable shape when coming back from injury last season and was in good enough condition to score a hat trick for the under 23's earlier this season.   

I don't think potential is fixed but currently I see Kodjia as an upper level Championship / lower level Premier League player. I think Kozak can be better than that. 

9 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

He looked in more than reasonable shape when coming back from injury last season and was in good enough condition to score a hat trick for the under 23's earlier this season.   

I don't think potential is fixed but currently I see Kodjia as an upper level Championship / lower level Premier League player. I think Kozak can be better than that. 

I can't even be bothered.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

Kozak and Sellars have greater potential.

Whether they realise it or not is something else.

I would be playing Kodjia because he's scoring and in form.

@Michael118 not even I can back you up on this one.

Although I did like Kozak when he first came, but injuries plus have decimated any hope of him coming good for us.

53 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

What attributes does Kozak have better than Kodjia?

Is he quicker? No

Better dribbling skills? No

Better movement outside the box? No

Better hold up play? No

Better finishing? No

Better passing? About the same 

Better heading? Possibly (we haven't put many crosses in to see how good Kodjia is)

Better in the box movement? Probably

I just cannot fathom how you can form the opinion that Kozak has more potential. 

• Like 1

Image result for john cena laughing

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@Michael118 not even I can back you up on this one.

Although I did like Kozak when he first came, but injuries plus have decimated any hope of him coming good for us.

I don't buy that at all.

I am sure it hasn't helped but there are plenty of examples of players from a wide range of sports coming back from serious injuries of a similar nature and going on to be very successful. 

He looked fine to me when he played last season and that's what I'm basing it on.

Just now, Michael118 said:

I don't buy that at all.

I am sure it hasn't helped but there are plenty of examples of players from a wide range of sports coming back from serious injuries of a similar nature and going on to be very successful. 

He looked fine to me when he played last season and that's what I'm basing it on.

I kind of mean it in the sense of "For us" the ship may have sailed, however just like Gabby, i'm wondering if AFCON could be a saving grace? (Is he even training etc?). I would actually much rather us spend money elsewhere on the pitch ie midfield and if these players can add value so be it. 

However under current circumstances there is not even a glimmer of comparison to Kodjia.

41 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

What attributes does Kozak have better than Kodjia?

Is he quicker? No

Better dribbling skills? No

Better movement outside the box? No

Better hold up play? No

Better finishing? No

Better passing? About the same 

Better heading? Possibly (we haven't put many crosses in to see how good Kodjia is)

Better in the box movement? Probably

I just cannot fathom how you can form the opinion that Kozak has more potential. 

I just think if you put both of them in a mid table or higher Premier League team Kozak would adapt better.

He is more intelligent, has better positional sense, works harder and brings other players into the game better. He's also not a bad finisher when he's confident.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I kind of mean it in the sense of "For us" the ship may have sailed, however just like Gabby, i'm wondering if AFCON could be a saving grace? (Is he even training etc?). I would actually much rather us spend money elsewhere on the pitch ie midfield and if these players can add value so be it. 

However under current circumstances there is not even a glimmer of comparison to Kodjia.

I hope he gets an opportunity at some point because I really think he has it in him to prove a lot of people wrong.

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

but currently I see Kodjia as an upper level Championship / lower level Premier League player. I think Kozak can be better than that. 

lol?

Edited by AshVilla

55 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I hope he gets an opportunity at some point because I really think he has it in him to prove a lot of people wrong.

Did you see Derby away? By no fault of his own, it was embarrassing. Completely shambolic display. He is the slowest person I've ever seen in professional football. It was a real shame for him because that day showed he is shot as a footballer at the top level. U23's yeah, he could probably do it because rightly you said he's intelligent and finds himself in decent positions. But his lack of mobility and pace means he's gone because he won't find the space he wants to because he is too slow at the top level

Edited by Mjvilla

I don't buy that at all.

He was **** crap. I mean he ran about a bit, which we weren't used to at the time, so fair play to him for that. 

Â