Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

17 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I see Kodjia scored for you again. Noticed a few pages back there was a fair bit of criticism of him on exactly the things I said about before though.

Actually hope he starts scoring plenty for you (not enough to catch us up though ;)) as I put a bet on him to be top scorer during preseason.

He took that goal today very well indeed.

The criticism is not valid. There's very, very few strikers who take all their chances. He takes enough for me. 

• Like 1

Think Kodjia is a class player - I felt that from the moment I saw his YouTube clips and those little dink finishes, and everything I have seen so far confirms this. He's not the finished article yet, but has bags of ability.  What really excites me is that he is playing alongside Adomah - who is starting to impress - and Ayew, another top draw player.  There are signs they are starting to build up an understanding and when that understanding develops they will terrorize defenses in this division. With McCormack and Rudy as high impact subs, is there a better attack in this league: IF they learn to play for each other? Think Kodjia will get a hatful this year because of who is playing with. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So, is he worth £8m now?

It was £8m yesterday, so he's worth £9m today if my workings out are correct. Hopefully by the Blose game he'll be worth what we paid for him, then it's just profit! Kerching. 

Serously like Kodjia's style, hardworking, gets about the pitch well, finishing seems good. It's nice to have a striker again after a season without one. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I see Kodjia scored for you again. Noticed a few pages back there was a fair bit of criticism of him on exactly the things I said about before though.

Actually hope he starts scoring plenty for you (not enough to catch us up though ;)) as I put a bet on him to be top scorer during preseason.

He took that goal today very well indeed.

The whole 6pts :P

Â