Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You make it sound like it’s a mystery why that is?

Twice I’ve seen him come on this season when we need to protect a lead in crucial games. Twice he has just jogged around the pitch. Made poor decisions and just generally looked completely off the pace and uninterested.  He needs to be sold. 

People were against him that first season when he scored 18 goals for us.

Always supported Kodjia, however at the end of that game - the amount of times that Grealish ran PAST Kodjia to chase down a defender was a joke. He was fresh and only sprinted once.

He knows he is off, he doesn't care. Deano knew that which is why he hasn't played him. With the exception of Fulham i'm pretty sure thats the last we have seen of him in a Villa shirt (providing Keenan is fit).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its amazing how he couldn't be bothered to put a shift in even when he's stood in the shop window.

I imagine there is already a buyer lined up ... been linked with clubs already 

He was hopeless yesterday just no effort at all and everytime he got on the ball he made the wrong decision 

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Anybody noticed thr way he was briefed by Dean prior to coming on, It wasn't the usual kind, it was Dean in his face almost begging him to work hard

i think that is the issue with Kodj

Kodjia is a talent, no doubt for me, but he likes playing in games where the opposition give him time and space.

He is the opposite of Diego Costa, who used to love a scrap.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

i think that is the issue with Kodj

Kodjia is a talent, no doubt for me, but he likes playing in games where the opposition give him time and space.

He is the opposite of Diego Costa, who used to love a scrap.

He looked disinterested before the Liverpool cup game too.

2 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I imagine there is already a buyer lined up ... been linked with clubs already 

He was hopeless yesterday just no effort at all and everytime he got on the ball he made the wrong decision 

Doubt it, he'd be gone by the 1st of Jan if that were the case.

30 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

because they watch the game.....his goals are/were delightful....well executed and as good as any of the top strikers ....but the top strikers work hard and show a combative edge, where Kodj doesn't.......He's a sunshine player.

Goals as precious as they are, are moments in a game, a flash of Brilliance.

When some 'airy arsed defender comes on the scene, he goes missing....that's why folk are not convinced in him.

If he was a horse he would be in Dressage, in comparison Costa would be a War Horse.....but both score/scored great goals.

Edited by TRO

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Who was?

Aside from the odd comment around him being greedy and not enough of a team player (both of which as valid then as now) i don’t recall any undue campaign of negativity.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I love how people were getting excited cos he bagged a brace against an under 19 team. 

I thought that it might be a sign that he might be at least as effective as Wesley, an alternative to try. How wrong.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I love how people were getting excited cos he bagged a brace against an under 19 team. 

I was actually more optimistic after the Southampton game. He was pressing, working the line and wanted the ball. He looked sharp.  It probably helped that Southampton were 3-0 up and sat deep. 

Anyway I guess it was a false dawn. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was actually more optimistic after the Southampton game. He was pressing, working the line and wanted the ball. He looked sharp.  It probably helped that Southampton were 3-0 up and sat deep. 

Anyway I guess it was a false dawn. 

I certainly agree with this in the sense that he could start in order to give Wesley a kick up the arse.

Is the transfer list still a thing? Slap him on there.

I will say though, there is no excuse for lack of effort, it boils my piss........but Smith's handling of him has not been good. Kodjia if we are being honest should have been given a shot quite a while ago.

I can kind of understand it, not excuse it, but I can understand the lack of motivation.

Still a word removed though.

Â