Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I certainly agree with this in the sense that he could start in order to give Wesley a kick up the arse.

The thing is the fact he looked sharp against Norwich proves what we saw Saturday wasn’t a fitness issue. For whatever reason he just wasn’t interested. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The thing is the fact he looked sharp against Norwich proves what we saw Saturday wasn’t a fitness issue. For whatever reason he just wasn’t interested. 

It's was symptomatic of the sort of player you don't want in the squad. Just a rotten attitude. A player of his ability should be thankful for even 20 odd minutes of Premier League football.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

For some reason kodjia has always had stick from some fans. 

There was a large number who wanted him sold once Scott Hogan came in. 

Yes that's true, I think this time is different though. The amount of fans slating him is on a large scale, I feel he's pushed it to far now and shown the fans and the club that he is no longer needed because he no longer tries in games.

I like Smith but this constant defending of kodjia in the media is abit worrying to be honest, rip into the bloke is what I'd do if I were Smith and lay home truths at Jonathan's feet.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel that is the kodjia we've all come to know now. Once apun a time kodjia could be counted on, now he's a liability and he cares for nothing once he's on that pitch other than himself.

It's like it's a god dam chore to be at Villa or that he's lost his love for football itself.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Who was?

Aside from the odd comment around him being greedy and not enough of a team player (both of which as valid then as now) i don’t recall any undue campaign of negativity.

He had loads of criticism that first year even when he was the only player scoring. Like i said, he's always had it 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You make it sound like it’s a mystery why that is?

Twice I’ve seen him come on this season when we need to protect a lead in crucial games. Twice he has just jogged around the pitch. Made poor decisions and just generally looked completely off the pace and uninterested.  He needs to be sold. 

It's a mystery when you consider there are still fans who defend Scott Hogan.

Yet Kodjia, who has given us at least one excellent season, gets cast onto the rubbish tip.

I don't particularly rate Kodjia at this level, and I don't think he's the answer to our issues. But he does seem to get extra stick for some reason.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While he should be better I would imagine the fact he's been given no opportunities this year, despite the guy who did start every game really struggling, and knew we'd be signing a new striker in jan wouldn't boost motivation and desire. 

Not good enough for the prem, we all know that but I still think he's taken far too much grief over the years he's been here. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yet Kodjia, who has given us at least one excellent season, gets cast onto the rubbish tip.

I don't particularly rate Kodjia at this level, and I don't think he's the answer to our issues. But he does seem to get extra stick for some reason.

Yep. 

1 great season, 1 ok season and 1 poor season with an injury. And yet he's spoken about like he's an awful person, player and waste of a signing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. 

1 great season, 1 ok season and 1 poor season with an injury. And yet he's spoken about like he's an awful person, player and waste of a signing. 

Nobody is saying he's an awful person, selfish yes, thinking only of himself on the  pitch yes.

He is an awful player now. He's an awful signing now not because we want him to be but because he chooses to be. Nobody is making him be the player hes behaving like on the pitch, if you ask me he brings alot of it onto himself.

Edited by Dave-R

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Nobody is saying he's an awful person, selfish yes, thinking only of himself on the  pitch yes.

He is an awful player now. He's an awful signing now not because we want him to be but because he chooses to be. Nobody is making him be the player hes behaving like on the pitch, if you ask me he brings alot of it onto himself.

Anyone would think he spat at the fans, attacked his teammates etc..

He chose to shoot instead of pass and didn't look like he was giving his all for the whole 20 mins. Think we need to get a grip

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s because Hogan seemed to try. He was just crap. Kodija has ability, He just seems disinterested far too often and that’s hard for fans to forgive.  Also it can’t be past off as his style because when he is on his game and up for it he makes an impact. It just doesn’t happen anywhere near enough. 

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Anyone would think he spat at the fans, attacked his teammates etc..

He chose to shoot instead of pass and didn't look like he was giving his all for the whole 20 mins. Think we need to get a grip

Come on now it wasn't just for the fact he chose to shoot than pass, for me it wasn't anyway. There was alot more than just one moment with Kodjia and it's been building for such a long time now.

Yes I actually do agree, we do need to get a grip and all relise there is no way there should be a place in the team for him when he chooses not to chase the ball, acts lazy, is selfish, looks like he was forced into football. The way Jonathan Carry's himself on that pitch sets a bad tone for other players. It was only the other game we was slating most of the squad in our 3 nill hammering. You tell me Kodjia is the type of player we should keep around, i dont think so, no wonder why were having problems on the pitch, we can't seem to get rid of this type of attitude and then defend it at any turn.

What standards are being set to the youths when they see a player like Kodjia walking around on the pitch as much as possible. I really feel sorry for the rest of the players, then there's the Youth knowing there's a disinterested player playing a game they could take every opportunity to make the most of themselves. 

Either way we buy a new striker, that's the new lad, Wesley and Davis and Kodjia slips further down, why? because he does himself no favours by playing the way he does.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s because Hogan seemed to try. He was just crap. Kodija has ability, He just seems disinterested far too often and that’s hard for fans to forgive.  Also it can’t be past off as his style because when he is on his game and up for it he makes an impact. It just doesn’t happen anywhere near enough. 

I think it's provably because of one of Hogan's other features but I don't want to open a can of worms.

If trying means running around like a headless chicken then yeah Hogan tried. 

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Come on now it wasn't just for the fact he chose to shoot than pass, for me it wasn't anyway. There was alot more than just one moment with Kodjia and it's been building for such a long time now.

Yes I actually do agree, we do need to get a grip and all relise there is no way there should be a place in the team for him when he chooses not to chase the ball, acts lazy, is selfish, looks like he was forced into football. The way Jonathan Carry's himself on that pitch sets a bad tone for other players. It was only the other game we was slating most of the squad in our 3 nill hammering. You tell me Kodjia is the type of player we should keep around, i dont think so, no wonder why were having problems on the pitch, we can't seem to get rid of this type of attitude and then defend it at any turn.

What standards are being set to the youths when they see a player like Kodjia walking around on the pitch as much as possible. I really feel sorry for the rest of the players, then there's the Youth knowing there's a disinterested player playing a game they could take every opportunity to make the most of themselves. 

Either way we buy a new striker, that's the new lad, Wesley and Davis and Kodjia slips further down, why? because he does himself no favours by playing the way he does.

And yet lots were giving him credit when he came on against southampton. 

But yeah, he's just a disgraceful shit that doesn't care.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And yet lots were giving him credit when he came on against southampton. 

But yeah, he's just a disgraceful shit that doesn't care.

God ,Rest, his soul.....but wasn't we saying similar things about Dalian Atkinson.

Consistency is the key to being labelled a very good football Player

Just now, TRO said:

God ,Rest, his soul.....but wasn't we saying similar things about Dalian Atkinson.

Consistency is the key to being labelled a very good football Player

Kodjia isn't a good player. He was signed to be a top championship player and for most of the time lived up to that. 

He isn't good enough to play premier league football. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Is the transfer list still a thing? Slap him on there.

I will say though, there is no excuse for lack of effort, it boils my piss........but Smith's handling of him has not been good. Kodjia if we are being honest should have been given a shot quite a while ago.

I can kind of understand it, not excuse it, but I can understand the lack of motivation.

Still a word removed though.

I think we will all drink to that........Well, not the ****

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's provably because of one of Hogan's other features but I don't want to open a can of worms.

If trying means running around like a headless chicken then yeah Hogan tried. 

I doubt that mate. Fans can sometimes forgive a runner even it’s like a headless chicken. 

Â