Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

About his Burnley cameo - didn't he pick up a knock just after coming on? Think everyone picked up a knock in this game tbf.

I did my groin reaching for a beer in the second half and I've heard absolutely nothing on here about that !!!

brilliant for the goal today to be honest. he can be so frustrating though with all the offsides he causes for himself. not going to be our salvation this year that's for sure.

• Like 1

Some good, some bad really. Did well for the goal, did well setting up El Ghazi's chance, had some good touches. However, he just has to be better aware of the defensive line. I feel like he was trying to come back from offside positions as a tactic, but he didn't do it very well.

• Like 1

Has a bet going on how many goals he can score while covering as little ground as possible.  Doesn't do near enough goal scoring to justify his complete lack of effort in all other phases of play.  Can't wait til he moves on. 

Tbh im Not sure his shot  looked like it was going in before Elgahzi got to it.

I don't rate him, why? He's lazy, got caught offside when he should not have been , more than a couple of times. He's not going to keep us up that's for sure .

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Tbh im Not sure his shot  looked like it was going in before Elgahzi got to it.

I don't rate him, why? He's lazy, got caught offside when he should not have been , more than a couple of times. He's not going to keep us up that's for sure .

Because he is constantly making runs behind the defence.

Darren Bent was the same. He's just that kind of striker. Completely different to Wes

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because he is constantly making runs behind the defence.

Darren Bent was the same. He's just that kind of striker. Completely different to Wes

He wasn’t caught offside because he was constantly making runs behind the defence, but because of his total lack of awareness. There were several times when he was just standing offside and players looked up to pass to him and then had to do pick out another pass.

I’m up for giving him a chance, but to have reached this stage in his career and still make such basic mistakes all the time suggests he either doesn’t do any work in training or is a bit thick.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He wasn’t caught offside because he was constantly making runs behind the defence, but because of his total lack of awareness. There were several times when he was just standing offside and players looked up to pass to him and then had to do pick out another pass.

I’m up for giving him a chance, but to have reached this stage in his career and still make such basic mistakes all the time suggests he either doesn’t do any work in training or is a bit thick.

He's definitely not the brightest, I'm sure in one of the Villa features he didn't know what The Holte End was. He's not on this planet half the time let's be honest :D

He wasn't bad at all. Sure he's likely never reaching his 2017 heights again but he put in a decent shift and was dangerous. His offside awareness has always been weak even in his pomp to be fair. We definitely need to upgrade on him in the coming week, but he can still do a job I think if he's still here at the end of the month.

Â