Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Cant see him going due to wages, and he seems to be a desperate last resort choice for the management, his attitude seems to leave a lot to be desired. He has had a golden opportunity with Wesley struggling for form and confidence but he is just picking up wages.

Clueless in his last two outings for me, his shortcomings all the more glaring in this division. 

Looks like we are going to needs two strikers in Jan now as we can't rely on him.

Edited by thunderball

36 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He's obviously being shipped out and he's got no interest in putting much effort in anymore. He's never been the most hard working or selfless player but when he's not arsed at all he's useless.

Yep, it’s pretty clear that he doesn’t want to be here and that has been the case for a while. 

Shame really, as on his day he’s got something a bit different and he’s the type that can come up with a goal from nowhere. 

If he wasn’t so selfish and lazy, I actually think he could have done a job for us at this level. 

Next. 

Edited by wazzap24

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Cant see him going due to wages, and he seems to be a desperate last resort choice for the management, his attitude seems to leave a lot to be desired. He has had a golden opportunity with Wesley struggling for form and confidence but he is just picking up wages.

Clueless in his last two outings for me, his shortcomings all the more glaring in this division. 

Looks like we are going to needs two strikers in Jan now as we can't rely on him.

I agree with this. Kodjia as a lone striker and we're basically setting ourselves up for relegation. time to dive into the market now for two options with Wesley looking like he won't be seeing another game this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Yep, it’s pretty clear that he doesn’t want to be here and that has been the case for a while. 

Shame really, as on his day he’s got something a bit different and he’s the type that can come up with a goal from nowhere. 

If he wasn’t so selfish and lazy, I actually think he could have done a job for us at this level. 

Next. 

I suspect he's known for a while that he's not in the plans of the management, most likely because he doesn't do the donkey work or style of play Smith likes with his lack of chasing and completely blinkered style, and he thus doesn't care. I also suspect that part of the reason we have barely seen him play has been because we don't want to risk him getting injured and being even harder to shift.

I think a Kodjia of a couple of years back, but one who was reliably decent every game, might be good enough as an option for a bottom half Prem side. The Kodjia of 2020, no, even if he was up for it. He's slowed a little, the effort has dropped. But most importantly he's obviously done with being here, so all the little issues and problems are exacerbated. 

If, going into the rest of the season, Kodjia is the answer, the questions being asked should worry us.

• Like 1

This is one thing I am a bit annoyed with with Villa.

Why do we never have on of our youth players as bench options rather than players who clearly are not rated. and in many cases rightly so.

Every other club seem capable of doing it, is our academy really that bad?

13 minutes ago, sne said:

This is one thing I am a bit annoyed with with Villa.

Why do we never have on of our youth players as bench options rather than players who clearly are not rated. and in many cases rightly so.

Every other club seem capable of doing it, is our academy really that bad?

It's the head coach decision.

Maybe our academy players are just shit.

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, hopefully after that he will be sold. 

Back to the Championship where he belongs, as a back-up striker to a bottom half team.

I think he could easily still do a job in the Championship, he's a good player. The trick is getting him to give a ****, and if doing the business in the top flight can't motivate him, what can?

He obviously wasn't very good, but he did seem to pick up a knock, and ultimately some of his poor performance may be down to rustiness due to a lack of pitch time.

Clearly we can't go through the rest of the season with him as our starting striker, but then again that would never have been a consideration anyway.

I can hold my hands up here and say I was wrong stating that Kodjia should start games during December instead of Wesley. He just cannot play at this level and I’d have doubts if he could now cut it in the Championship? Terrible cameo today. I wonder if he has the desire anymore or is his body letting him down now? 

• Like 1

Â