Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I wonder if he's struggling mentally? I never had him down as the type to shy away from anything but there was a rumour he refused to take a penalty in the playoff semi VS WBA. Maybe he's struggling to handle the pressure now he's our only striker in a relegation battle?

Could be a load of rubbish and may genuinely be ill.

Wish him the very best if he does leave, can definitely still offer something.

Absolutely no indication of that. It's a quality issue, Kodjia isn't good enough for this level and Smith has never rated him.

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

I'd struggle mentally to on 35k a week too!! Quarter decent striker, free agent in June.....damn that is so mentally draining!!

gordon ramsay head back to your station GIF by Masterchef

Which is weird as I'm on less than 35k per year and really happy with life. I thought I'd be poor and depressed.

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Absolutely no indication of that. It's a quality issue, Kodjia isn't good enough for this level and Smith has never rated him.

Yeah know fullwell it's likely I'm chatting b******s on this one

Any idea what's going on here yet? Unless it's a serious illness (and there's no reason to think that's the case?) surely we have to assume he's in the line up on Saturday now? Doesn't look like anybody else will be in on time. And other than an off-the-cuff remark I've seen nothing on mental health issues?

Edited by HalfTimePost

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Any idea what's going on here yet? Unless it's a serious illness (and there's no reason to think that's the case?) surely we have to assume he's in the line up on Saturday now? Doesn't look like anybody else will be in on time. And other than an off-the-cuff remark I've seen nothing on mental health issues?

seems like funny goings on at the minute at B6

10 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He absolutely must start. I will be livid if we go into the biggest game of the season without a striker, and we won't have one in place for Saturday now. 

• Like 1

I think these remarks about 'illness' were a smokescreen so he didn't play and injure himself, thereby scuppering a move out. I reckon all of this was predicated on us getting someone else in and then letting Kodj go, there are clearly suitors for him in the Champ. Longer we don't get someone in, the stupider we look with the 'Kodj is ill' line. 

Or he could just be ill.

This situation is a nonsense. Nothing about him being out of contract in June prevents him from playing on Saturday. Instead we're going to play a nonsense formation that absolutely doesn't work for a team that regularly has less than 50% possession. 

An absolute farce. Good job it's not important or anything. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This situation is a nonsense. Nothing about him being out of contract in June prevents him from playing on Saturday. Instead we're going to play a nonsense formation that absolutely doesn't work for a team that regularly has less than 50% possession. 

An absolute farce. Good job it's not important or anything. 

It worked ok against Leicester. Kodjia was awful last time he played. 

Â