Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

If that was a debut by a new striker, I can't help but think the same people who were saying he was crap would be saying what a promising debut that was and following it up by saying imagine Grealish and the main team behind him.

Thought he did well, but not surprised the haters didn't

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

If that was a debut by a new striker, I can't help but think the same people who were saying he was crap would be saying what a promising debut that was and following it up by saying imagine Grealish and the main team behind him.

Thought he did well, but not surprised the haters didn't

I’m not a Kodjia hater (seems like a nice bloke and genuinely thought he was PL quality pre injury) - but that wasn’t his debut, and it’s the fact he shows no signs of ever trying to fix any of the weaknesses in his game that frustrates me.

He’s just never evolved as a footballer, never shown any willingness to round out his game. If you want a long career as a footballer you have to keep adding to your all-round game to make up for the loss of pace. He is the same player who arrived here, but slower. It’s just a huge disappointment.

Contrast with Nyland, who has visibly worked very hard on his weaknesses, and helped us come away with 3 points at Burnley despite probably expecting to spend the day sitting on the bench. That’s the kind of attitude you need in a squad.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Because he is constantly making runs behind the defence.

Darren Bent was the same. He's just that kind of striker. Completely different to Wes

He can run all he wants but if he's offside he's not gonna be effective. Watching him play against Fulham is a stark reminder of his short comings, he's not hopeless hes just very one dimensional and as lone striker who's expected to work the back 4 he's not effective. Yes he's completely different to Wes 

Edited by tinker

So as it stands he's going to be leading the line in some of our most important games of the season.

Errrr go on Kodj!:lol:

I think his case sums up the muddled thinking upfront we've had since Tammy getting recalled straight after the play off final. Injured/exiled for most of the season (didn't even play a big part in the run in last season given he was unused sub in the play off final) and will now be striker tasked with getting us a goal or two in the semi final.

(I assume if we get someone like Murray in he'd be cup tied for league cup but could be wrong in that. He also wouldn't be able to play v Brighton in any case).

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

So as it stands he's going to be leading the line in some of our most important games of the season.

Errrr go on Kodj!:lol:

I think his case sums up the muddled thinking upfront we've had since Tammy getting recalled straight after the play off final. Injured/exiled for most of the season (didn't even play a big part in the run in last season given he was unused sub in the play off final) and will now be striker tasked with getting us a goal or two in the semi final.

(I assume if we get someone like Murray in he'd be cup tied for league cup but could be wrong in that. He also wouldn't be able to play v Brighton in any case).

Kodj is so weird I wouldnt put i past him having a good game in one of these fixtures. Then next game vs Brighton he just disappears

Well that's a landslide, I hope it happens and someway or another he leaves. 606 votes say no he's not and 101 votes say yes, can't tell the defenders of kodjia how wrong you are that he should be here at Villa still.

He sets the wrong tone at Villa, he's totally uninspiring for youth and other players.

IS JONATHAN KODJIA GOOD ENOUGH FOR VILLA?

https://thisisfutbol.com/snack-poll/is-jonathan-kodjia-good-enough-for-villa/

Edited by Dave-R

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Well that's a landslide, I hope it happens and someway or another he leaves. 606 votes say no he's not and 101 votes say yes, can't tell the defenders of kodjia how wrong you are that he should be here at Villa still.

He sets the wrong tone at Villa, he's totally uninspiring for youth and other players.

IS JONATHAN KODJIA GOOD ENOUGH FOR VILLA?

https://thisisfutbol.com/snack-poll/is-jonathan-kodjia-good-enough-for-villa/

Please stop sharing these terrible links.

• Like 4

We need to recognise that he's likely to be our only striker for the remainder of the month. Even if we get someone in in the next few days - which is not likely - they will need time to get up to fitness and will probably start the first two or three games on the bench. So we might as well get behind him, whatever we think. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Going then.

Fully fit but not considered for our biggest match of the season so far.

All this at a time when we have no other senior striker fit.

He’s been picked for the bench week after week. He’s either agreed a move or picked up an injury in training. 

Â