Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, AndyBM said:

Q: what do you do when youre about to lose half of your strike force to the african cup of nations?

A: you sign yet another average over priced african striker.

nevertheless, hes got to be better than what weve got and what weve had so hes a welcome addition.

And when is the ACoN exactly...... oh not for another 5 months.  Think we need to worry about winning some games before the ACoN starts.  Then we can worry about how we keep on winning when it is on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Except it's 11m + add ons.

I think that you've missed out a zero to be honest. It is a reported 110m and Jim White's head has exploded on Sky Sports. It's very messy in the studio at the minute.

im not sure why the topic of cost of the new team is in the kodija thread, but here goes, £50m may certainly be alot of money, but is it enough to promote us? maybe, maybe not, what £50m does get you nowadays is stability, and thats what we needed first, that £50m might just prevent us from getting relegated again to league one.

theres still plenty of building to do, even if we get promoted first time round, the first team will need extra strengthening, could that be another £50m?

a few weeks ago, dr xia even admitted (in so many words) that lerner lied to him about how good the first team was and how he sees it was completely sh*t.

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well my point was for the money paid I would expect top quality. as for weight on shoulders it will happen sadly maybe not by fans but certainly opposition fans and media. he wouldnt be first or last player to happen too

You won't get top quality for that money.

Based entirely on youtube clips I wanted Kodjia the most because of his lovely little dinks. Wasn't struck on Hernandez who for most of his goals just happens to be stood where the ball goes, not really even moving towards the ball. You can reverse this statement had we signed Hernandez.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Good luck to the lad but the price tag alone is going to be an absolute weight around his neck. I think its a shocking price we paid and for that I will be expecting 30 goals from him

Are you serious 30 goals?? :o

Â