Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Possibly not the ideal price tag, but a lot of money needed to be spent and I just really, really, really want to think that our new backroom staff have made sound assessments on what we need, damned be the money. And quite frankly, if we pull off a promotion every single shilling will have proved worth it. You got to try.

Agreed, but as it stands the signings really aren't proving their worth imo. Time will tell but we're running out of weeks for the 'they need time to bed in' debate. Time to start winning football matches.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Is he proven? One decent season her and one in France and he's 26. The price tag is absolutely barmy and leaves no room for failure. 

It's got to the stage where anything other than automatic promotion would be a huge failure in my eyes. 50m plus spent in the championship, whilst exciting, is insane.

Look at the fees for players.  Not being funny it is a huge amount and personally I am not sold on him but 11m rising to 15M is nothing and it is a disgrace to say that.  Clubs just promoted or lesser in the premier league are spending way more than that as we will have to if we get promoted

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Look at the fees for players.  Not being funny it is a huge amount and personally I am not sold on him but 11m rising to 15M is nothing and it is a disgrace to say that.  Clubs just promoted or lesser in the premier league are spending way more than that as we will have to if we get promoted

I disagree, there has been some crazy money about but I think this transfer is right up there..... especially given your evaluation on him the other day Richard. 

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Agreed, but as it stands the signings really aren't proving their worth imo. Time will tell but we're running out of weeks for the 'they need time to bed in' debate. Time to start winning football matches.

Wow, I'm glad I don't work for you! How long would I get to acclimatise to my new role? 1 day, 2 days, 15 minutes? 

We've only just started the season with basically a brand new team. How many games have Elphick and Chester had together? Four. Jedinak? One. We're showing signs of improvement, yeah we're not there and there's still problems but to say they've had enough time to bed in is unrealistic. 

• Like 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Wow, I'm glad I don't work for you! How long would I get to acclimatise to my new role? 1 day, 2 days, 15 minutes? 

We've only just started the season with basically a brand new team. How many games have Elphick and Chester had together? Four. Jedinak? One. We're showing signs of improvement, yeah we're not there and there's still problems but to say they've had enough time to bed in is unrealistic. 

The money spent is making it impossible to allow time. We're already adrift so we need to start winning now, and we literally have no excuses.

13 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Time will tell indeed. It's still early on so there's really no room for a fair assessment just yet. I know we're all eager for some end results like a virgin for a banging, but we have to be patient. Sure, it could end up like last year's clusterfook but that's a gamble worth taking with what we know about last season. I'd go as far as saying it's a necessary gamvle. The difference this time around is that our targets have seemed more thought out. These aren't any strangers to this league nor English football in general. Also they're no retirees or leftöver crack hoping for a last call for a cushy paycheck. I think patience is key for this season and if it doesn't pay off this year, I believe we'll have seen why and be able to fill those holes next year. I'm optimistic with the direction our club is going atm.

Edited by osmark86

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'm personally enjoying the club spending the money and having one of the biggest budget in the league.

I may be wrong but ignoring net spend which seems pointless anyway considering teams pay in increments, but ignoring that I think at £51.3m spent there are many Premier League teams that haven't spent that much. We haven't just obliterated the Summer Transfer record for the Championship, but at a time where Premier League clubs are breaking their transfer records we have still out spent a lot of them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

"  From a Bristol city fan. Not consistent enough. Doesn't work hard enough. And is offside most of the time. Thanks for the 3 points and the 15 million"

I am not convinced with Kodjia but I hope he proves me wrong. 

Well, I haven't been convinced with the players we have signed last few years after watching them... like Richards, lescott, etc.....when i was convinced when we signed them.

so on this one I will chance my arm....is any player within reason, nailed on.....and considering our position.

sooner or later one has to come good.

Edited by TRO

Dont have a problem with the money being spent, as the squad needer such a drastic overhaul. The problem for me is Dr T expecting promotion this year because of it and there being undue pressure on RDM - its not guaranteed, despite the money we've spent, and we badly need some stability 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The money spent is making it impossible to allow time. We're already adrift so we need to start winning now, and we literally have no excuses.

The money adds pressure that's for sure, but there's pressure anyway. Look what happened last season, we need to bounce back. But for me, adding extra pressure isn't going to help. We all know wins ease pressure but I try to look at our progress positively. It might all go wrong, sure. But it feels better to be optimistic. If we're the same as we are now come February, way off the play offs, then I'll be moaning too. But for now, it's too early to judge. Give them a month and we should have a clearer idea. 

Anyway back on topic, welcome Kodjia! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do in a Villa shirt. 

If the Bristol fans appraisal that you don't work hard enough, aren't consistent and are always offside is correct, then fair play for still scoring 20 goals. Imagine what you could score with some better coaching ;)

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 2

Â