Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I don't know much about him but he scored 19 goals last season in a fair bit worse team than Hernandez scored 20 for. I know its not as simple as that but with the amount of chances we create, he should have a field day

I also didn't realise he was that tall... I thought he was a nippy small front man.

Anyway, welcome Jonathan! 

Good work, who cares about the price, just because we've been giving our players away doesn't mean others have to when the market had gone crazy. You can double transfers this window.

We have just signed a tried and tested goal scorer, one of the highest in the division last season, in the words of Thatcher "rejoice at that news".

Will be happy if two or three more faces arrive, but this is another one over the line, and a good one too.

Just watched his highlights reel... he's just what we need. Fast, direct and a good finisher. Decent with his head as well. Seems more 'mobile' than Hernandez as well?

I'm pleased 

Image result for man in basketball crowd gif

GK check

RB check

2 CB's check

2 MF's check

2 Forwards check

and still time for more, hopefully a pace winger

tell me this isn't fun

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

We had to spend and we're in the 2nd tier.

I'd argue that some of the players we attracted in the Champ were coups.

All hatchbacks I'm sure of it.:)

29 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Kod, as in cod? Is this an attempt to start fish puns?

Well someone has to reel them in. Personally I'm excited about what he can do.  I don't know a lot about him but I've seen the clips (haven't we all by now?).  The key thing here is to ensure service and to play football that suits him.  As Benteke found out, go to a team that doesn't allow you to thrive and you won't succeed.  I honestly believe we can offer him something and in return, he'll repay.  Time will tell but I wish him the best of luck.  

51 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You are implying that he wasnt being truthful when he said we were going to sign a world class striker! I don't think he would say something like that flippantly. And why would he lie to the fans? What is your problem???

Just to play devil's advocate here, he didn't promise a world class striker, but did say he we were working hard to bring in a world class striker (to which I assume he was referring to Hernandez).

This obviously came pretty close but couldn't get the deal over the line, so we've brought in a replacement from the short-list. I doubt anyone is expecting another striker, world class or not, to come in now.

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's mental.

We own two of the top four players on that list, plus one from the list in 2014/15.

And the other 2 are now playing in the PL. So another way of looking at it is to say that we currently own the 2 most prolific strikers in the championship.

Welcome.

Excellent scoring record for Bristol and has what we badly need...pace and movement.

That's crucial imo as if our leading striker has that it should offer more space for McCormack, Jack and Ayew...if he can be bothered to run into.

Â