Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

On the money spent just take a step back for a minute or two.

Last season we had the worst squad in our history and one of the worst in the history of the top division in this country and I have worded it that way as I am talking more than premier league

I think the vast majority agree with that

A lot of us said that we didnt want the majority of those to play for us again and wanted them all out,  apart from one or two.

Not sure what to expect then as if you get rid of a squad you need to get a few players in unless you plan to forfeit each game 3-0. Once you are on that path then getting a whole new team in,  in a competitive division and a team that people  9including the management) want to challenge for promotion is going to cost a fair bit. We have signed 8 players at a cost of around 50M that is just over 6M per player for a squad to come together and challenge for promotion.  It is going to sound obscene but I'm afraid getting that team together for challenging in this division 50M is about the least you'd expect.

what's ironic here Richard... and I get your point I really do, is that when last season's squad was put together people were very pleased with it. Turns out it was a hell of a lot of money on absolute shite.

Just now, Woodytom said:

what's ironic here Richard... and I get your point I really do, is that when last season's squad was put together people were very pleased with it. Turns out it was a hell of a lot of money on absolute shite.

And this may be the same  who knows?  however what we do know is if we hadnt changed we would have guaranteed shite.  At least this way we have a chance!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm simply saying that the money spent has massively raised expectations to the point where we should now run away with the league. Now I don't think the players we've bought are anywhere near good enough and unless we start getting a grip against the shower of site teams we are currently playing then we are going to be adrift and unable to achieve expectations.

A loss to 95% of this league has now become completely unacceptable imo. And I just know that this team will lose plenty. 

You are simultaneously saying  "we should run away with the League " and "we will lose plenty" ?

Our spending may have 'massively' raised expectations for some, up to them.

I think for most fans it has raised hopes, the knowledge of what a mess we were in being the reason most will see it as essential surgery rather than a set of bionic limbs and superpowers.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

And this may be the same  who knows?  however what we do know is if we hadnt changed we would have guaranteed shite.  At least this way we have a chance!

A point missed by some, clearly.

• Like 1

I haven't seen him play, but based on the videos on You Tube he seems to be fast and it looks like he makes a lot of sprints and directs runs at goal - this is exactly what we need IMO!

I love that he looks so happy when he scores, sprinting towards the fans and doing his small dances and gestures!! More of that now please!!

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

14 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

The BIG difference is that every signing has experience of this league, they have all performed well in this league and many have experience of getting promoted from this league.  The comparison with last years signings is like chalk and cheese.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Just now, Zatman said:

Good luck to the lad but the price tag alone is going to be an absolute weight around his neck. I think its a shocking price we paid and for that I will be expecting 30 goals from him

Staggering.

Q: what do you do when youre about to lose half of your strike force to the african cup of nations?

A: you sign yet another average over priced african striker.

nevertheless, hes got to be better than what weve got and what weve had so hes a welcome addition.

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

We have to wait and see - it would be foolish to do anything else given our recent history. But I do know that, looking at the players we have bought this summer, I feel a hell of a lot less frightened than I did after last summer's efforts. 

Â