Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I remember Richard saying Veretout was an extraordinary talent that was gonna take us to another level (in same post he stated that Leicester was the worst team he ever seen in preseason and would relegate fyi :P sorry Rich that post stuck in my mind since then) And overall praising the whole transfers last year as one of the best ever. Interesting how now that changed to being worst squad ever assembled. 

Edited by Alakagom

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

so you dont think the highest transfer fee in 2nd division history shouldnt run away with top scorer award?

More the point that you're implying that it's a bad thing that he'll have a weight on his shoulders, then having absurdly high expectations in the same post.

And we paid 11m basic for him. If we pay 15m, then we'll have done very well.

• Like 1

Seen this ACON thing a few times.  Look at it this way by then we will be so far ahead we need to give the other teams a chance to catch up so in reality what we are doing here is building competition back into the championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

I remember Richard saying Veretout was an extraordinary talent that was gonna take us to another level. And overall praising the whole transfers last year as one of the best ever. Interesting how now that changed to being worst squad ever assembled. 

Why have you picked on Richard? Plenty said the same. 

2 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I remember Richard saying Veretout was an extraordinary talent that was gonna take us to another level (in same post he stated that Leicester was the worst team he ever seen in pre friendlies and would relegate fyi :P sorry Rich ) And overall praising the whole transfers last year as one of the best ever. Interesting how now that changed to being worst squad ever assembled. 

not sure your point but evidence of a league season would sort of prove it was a pretty poor squad. 

Considering he is 4 years younger than McCormack, I don't see the fee we've paid as a massive problem. It's effectively 3.5 million per season (4 year contract) for somebody we hope will bang in circa 20 goals per season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

is that the some that liked Richards post?

You liked his Post, which basically says its fair enough to have done the only thing we could really do to have a chance - in other words accepting that spending it was a minimum requirement to give ourselves a chance - but you have also said the money we have spent is insane, and that by spending it we have no excuses for not getting promoted.

As I said, the 'massively' raised expectaions will be on the part of those fans who don't appreciate the first part, and thankfully most do.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

More the point that you're implying that it's a bad thing that he'll have a weight on his shoulders, then having absurdly high expectations in the same post.

well my point was for the money paid I would expect top quality. as for weight on shoulders it will happen sadly maybe not by fans but certainly opposition fans and media. he wouldnt be first or last player to happen too

Just now, Zatman said:

well my point was for the money paid I would expect top quality. as for weight on shoulders it will happen sadly maybe not by fans but certainly opposition fans and media. he wouldnt be first or last player to happen too

But you're the one expecting 30 goals.

That implies, anything less and he's a failure.

That's barmy.

Just now, Zatman said:

**** them?

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

so you dont think the highest transfer fee in 2nd division history shouldnt run away with top scorer award?

Of course, coz football works like that.

Same as the guy who said because Gestede, McCormack, and Kodjia have all scored 20 in this League we must score 60 lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if Veretout turns out decent, Gana is already starting brightly in a better team while Sinclair is playing with confidence again at a lower level albeit. The bad managers/management and toxic atmosphere at the club last season did not provide good conditions for players to flourish

• Like 1

Â