Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I find him frustrating to watch. He isn't a team player and it seems like he isn't interested in setting his teammates up in good position.

I remember from the Derby game, we were on a counter attack and Adomah was running from the defence down the right hand side and all Kodija had to do was to pass it down the channel and get into the box, but he choose to stop and play it backwards. Adomah would have been clear, either to go direct at goal or wait until Villa got players in the box.

If he just could improve that part of his game play, he would be a cracking player and make him even more dangerrous

Edited by Taxahunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I find him frustrating to watch. He isn't a team player and it seems like he isn't interested in setting his teammates up in good position.

I remember from the Derby game, we were on a counter attack and Adomah was running from the defence down the right hand side and all Kodija had to do was to pass it down the channel and get into the box, but he choose to stop and play it backwards. Adomah would have been clear, either to go direct at goal or wait until Villa got players in the box.

That annoyed the absolute crap out of me, and it's just one of many similar occasions!

2 hours ago, dappadan said:

Class act this guy. Appears to really love being at the club and appreciates the fans. Scored some crackers aswell this season. 

As simple as that really.

I think some 'experts' are over thinking this - basically we have a centre forward who scores goals - which is good news.

The critiscsm of him reminds me of when Steve Bull was at wolves scoring 30 goals a season - the 'experts' reckoned Andy Mutch who got 10-12 was 'actually the better player'  - complete hogwash of course ......a good striker score goals - never mind intelligent runs, creating space for others, stretching the defence and all that tosh - stick the leathery thingy, in the netted thingy .....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fowlersrs said:

For all his merits Kodjia does have a an element of Ayew disease about him where by he clearly appears very selfish and tunnel vision like.

We've all seen an AFCON game. Ayew and Adomah are some of the best players in Africa with obvious exceptions like Drogba or similar. Just be thankful they don't shoot from midfield when they get it.

He got so much abuse by the Bristol City lot in that first half, didn't fancy him with that penalty at all. However, he got himself back together and was much better in the second half, good to see the penalty miss not get to him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Selfish bastard. We really would be better off without him. 

Dunno what happened but the commentators also alluded to him being selfish again.

That being said though it's hard for me to criticise him after scoring 1 of two winning goals.

Will certainly lose more opportunities to score than he does with current attitude though.

Maybe he can still be drilled?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dunno what happened but the commentators also alluded to him being selfish again.

That being said though it's hard for me to criticise him after scoring 1 of two winning goals.

Will certainly lose more opportunities to score than he does with current attitude though.

I'm pretty sure @DCJonah is being sarcastic. Kodjia is absolutely integral to us, he showed that again tonight. Missed a penalty and then made amends by putting in a really fine performance. Great work for the second goal, pressurises the defender, nicks the ball and squares it to Adomah which led to the goal. Also missed a penalty against QPR earlier in the season and again made amends too. He doesn't hide - he knows when has messed up and does his best to put it right. Can't fault him, even if he has made some dodgy decisions in past matches.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The commentators were wrong. He held the ball up well, found his teammates with the pass plenty of times. Had the shit kicked out of him too and WHAT a header. 

Best he has played in a long while. 

• Like 4

Â