The Championship thread

TrentVilla

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leicester were always going to walk the league. They are better than alot of prem teams (luton sheff utd burnley wolves Bournemouth) 

Anyone can gwt 2nd in my opinion

Suprised how bad Southampton are doing

There was an unknown element to their managerial appointment, but yeah, bizarrely they are better than a lot of PL teams. They really messed it up last season.

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leicester were always going to walk the league. They are better than alot of prem teams (luton sheff utd burnley wolves Bournemouth) 

Own fault for giving Rodgers way too much time

• Like 3

Are Leicester really that great or does their manager another Pep disciple get found out in The Premier League like Kompany seems to be?

Teams that play football like Leicester and Ipswich so far this year and Burnley last doing well in a league of cloggers is one thing but translating that against Premier League teams is another.

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Southampton have tried to sell high value players and buy cheap replacements.

15 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

There was an unknown element to their managerial appointment, but yeah, bizarrely they are better than a lot of PL teams. They really messed it up last season.

Yeah i think relegation could be best thing to happen to them like it was for us

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Own fault for giving Rodgers way too much time

Yeah probably could argue that on reflection 

On 08/08/2023 at 07:15, Rds1983 said:

If people think Ipswich could go up then why not Argyle? They did better than Ipswich last year, have improved their squad this summer and had a better opening result.

I dont think either of them are close to going up.

Ipswich remind me a fair bit of that Norwich team under Lambert. After years of stagnation they've finally got up from league one, are riding the momentum and have endless scoring options in final third.

They'll have a dip at some point but serious top 2 contenders. Plymouth at point a game now so survival will be a good season and they should just about do it.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Are Leicester really that great or does their manager another Pep disciple get found out in The Premier League like Kompany seems to be?

Teams that play football like Leicester and Ipswich so far this year and Burnley last doing well in a league of cloggers is one thing but translating that against Premier League teams is another.

They've still got a solid core of experienced players. Coady-Winks-Dewsbury Hall-Ndidi and then the ridiculous striker options. Vardy is past it at prem level but I can't quite believe they've kept Iheanacho, he'd have been an obvious signing for Everton or Forest or even Burnley.

Main issue coming up is how good Winks and Coady can be again at prem level but there's no way Leicester ownership will be as lax again with signings so they'll stay up comfortably.

• Like 1

Leicester have twelve more points than Burnley had at this stage last season, Ipswich have ten more, I think Leicesters success so far can be explained by the fact that they only lost Barnes, Maddison, and Tielemans from a squad that probably should have been good enough for top half in the Premier League, and they made some good signings, both permanent and on loan, most of them probably good enough to play first tier football.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i think relegation could be best thing to happen to them like it was for us

Yeah probably could argue that on reflection 

I don't agree that relegation is ever a good thing.

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I don't agree that relegation is ever a good thing.

I hated relegation but lets be honest as a club we were like everton years before we went down.  It was toxic. We had to ho down rebuild the club - start again. The relationship between the players and fans was at a all time low

Going down let us get mings and that was the start of the rebuild and improvement of the relationship with us and the players again

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I hated relegation but lets be honest as a club we were like everton years before we went down.  It was toxic. We had to ho down rebuild the club - start again. The relationship between the players and fans was at a all time low

Going down let us get mings and that was the start of the rebuild and improvement of the relationship with us and the players again

We got very, very lucky. There was a genuine risk of us going bust.

• Like 3

I have a soft spot for Ipswich.

Used to see a girl down in Ipswich and she was a wild one... used to like my weekends down there, even if I did need an ice pack on it for a week afterwards.  

C'mon the tractor boys! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

Used to see a girl down in Ipswich and she was a wild one... used to like my weekends down there, even if I did need an ice pack on it for a week afterwards.  

C'mon the tractor boys! 

Would love to see them back in premier league

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

C'mon the tractor boys! 

Your poor bum 😢

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Your poor bum 😢

Well, there is a story about a shoe box full of dildos she got from under the bed, but this is not the time nor place to discuss. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who schedules this thing?

Coming out of an international break, the entire nation gagging for the return of club football and the Championship standing alone with the plum TV slot, Friday night live - all eyes on the second tier of the English game, the joyous return of 'proper' football, millions on the edge of their seats, the single most important TV slot the Championship will have this year...and what do they give us?

Rotherham versus Ipswich.

Steady on chaps, there's only so much glamour I can take.

• Haha 4

Â