Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, dnmacf said:

I'm not entirely comfortable with him travelling 30,000 miles to play for Australia. The time difference and flights must take some recovery!

At 32 it would probably be best for his club career (us) if he retired from international football considering the strain of both games and travel.

But I feel he's not the type of player to do that.

ATM thou he probably needs all the games he can get to get back into shape and form after the summer holidays.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

The beard should in theory protect him from most of the jetlag.

Doesn't work for me sadly, and I have a much bigger beard than him.

Then again I'm bald so that might be an issue?

9 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

This made me do one of those quiet, wheezy laughs in the office. Well played.

The kind of laugh that gets tops one or two heads turning slightly..? Tis a good laugh.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Give over. Reactionary rubbish. 

I see him alot for Australia and no it isn't. He had a shocking first half. Bit better second. He's 32.. of course his game is on the decline. I Just hope he has 1 more good season in him 

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I like how he sits off play. We haven't had a player who commands this sort of role for years.

we have had a lot of defenders and midfielders recently who just sit off play and let opposition walk around them

2 hours ago, KSV said:

I see him alot for Australia and no it isn't. He had a shocking first half. Bit better second. He's 32.. of course his game is on the decline. I Just hope he has 1 more good season in him 

Don't know about shocking KSV...the Iraqis were harrassing the Aussies in the first half....and most of the team were misplacing passes.  Second half they tired, and we took control - with Mile breaking up the play regularly.  Interestingly Ange (Aust Mgr) said that the game plan was to wear them out in the first half and break them in the second....which is exactly what happened.  Jedi's length of contract is directed at the 2018 WC, so he will not be here as a passenger if he wants to captain us to a 2nd WC (assuming we qualify).

• Like 2

Â