James Chester

KJT123

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

He just isn't a bad player. I don't get the eagerness to absolutely hammer him because he's out of form.

This.

He's class at this level. He's started the season badly but I'd still back him to be on of our stand out players by the end of the season.

• Like 1

I think both him and Tuanzebe are good as the non-dominant defender. Neither appear to be leaders to me. If they had a leader commanding the defence next to them, they could concentrate on their jobs and would look much better.

For me a commanding left sided CB is a a must in Jan (Or two of them) then Tuanzebe and Chester can compete for the RCB berth.

• Like 3

From the nonsensical formations in the pre-season friendlies, to yet more across the opening games of the season, allied to a confidence draining keeper and a non contributing ( to defence) midfield, he’s been right royally messed up. 

Considering all that he’s been ok ( nothing more).

Hes a very decent player and has been largely outstanding for us. 

For me he’s one of the First names on the team sheet, as the saying goes.

Whilst I respect the views of others I’m rather tickled seeing the lengthy debates about Grealish and Chester and their value to us......in my view the most significant performers of the last two years still at the Club.

• Like 4

On 01/11/2018 at 19:56, terrytini said:

From the nonsensical formations in the pre-season friendlies, to yet more across the opening games of the season, allied to a confidence draining keeper and a non contributing ( to defence) midfield, he’s been right royally messed up. 

Considering all that he’s been ok ( nothing more).

Hes a very decent player and has been largely outstanding for us. 

For me he’s one of the First names on the team sheet, as the saying goes.

Whilst I respect the views of others I’m rather tickled seeing the lengthy debates about Grealish and Chester and their value to us......in my view the most significant performers of the last two years still at the Club.

Man of the match, and that’s a heck of an achievement the way Jack and McGinn played.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Only saw the highlights, but that clearance was unbelievable.

He had a very good game.....and encouragingly so did Axel.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 22:16, terrytini said:

Man of the match, and that’s a heck of an achievement the way Jack and McGinn played.

And Axel was a gnats whisker away from him.

ps there were one or two stand out second half performances

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Coming off injured right at the start of 2nd half with a knee problem, hope nothing too serious as we have no cover.

Typical it happens in an international game! 

Â