Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

58 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of fitness I'm just not convinced he has a place in Bruce's system. 

But things will have to change. If we don't have a more aggressive offensive system this season, I don't see us getting out of this division. So there should be a place for him. Hogan is another guy who would benefit from a change of system.

• Like 2

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

But things will have to change. If we don't have a more aggressive offensive system this season, I don't see us getting out of this division. So there should be a place for him. Hogan is another guy who would benefit from a change of system.

I think we all agree that Bruce's tactics last season were largely pathetic but I do not expect him to change them at all. 

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I hope so but as Dr Pangross says Bruce is unlikely to change

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would it be possible to get Ross behind both Kodjia and Hogan? I don't see why we cannot, at home especially, go out and destroy 50% of this league.

In all honesty I think only 2 out the 3 should start each game, it didn't exactly work for RDM when he was playing all the forwards. I think we need balance, 2 forwards and then a proper midfield that can support when needed

To get promoted we have to score 80+ goals. We bought goal scorers last summer and in January so let's use them and use them properly. Ross, Hogan and Kodija should easily get 50+ between them. We need more than one way of playing and Ross could play alongside either Hogan or Kodija as he's a very clever player. He's head fell off st the wrong time. If it's in the right place he is a leader. I hope it is. We need him firing. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He's probably the most intelligent player we have on the books in footballing terms - Will this translate to minutes on the pitch under Bruce ? I'm really not convinced tbh 

I think that is as much up to McCormack as it is to SB. Ross needs to put last season and that gate behind him quickly. He needs to prove that he is over the issues that got in the way of his football last season and trust that if he does SB will give him another opportunity at Villa Park (I don't see that we can afford not to do so if he ticks all of those boxes).    

• Like 2

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Would it be possible to get Ross behind both Kodjia and Hogan? I don't see why we cannot, at home especially, go out and destroy 50% of this league.

I quite like the principle - it'd mean dropping Green and Adomah and relying on Hutton and Taylor for width, but I think it'd be worth a go at times.

On 30/06/2017 at 20:07, theboyangel said:

He's the one player I think we have who could effectively partner both kodjia or hogan. 

Hope he really gives it a go this season as he's got the talent to be a major asset for us 

Nailed it for me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Based on his very poor performances for us last season and similar failure to spark when on loan to Forest, I'd be amazed if McCormack gets anywhere near the first team squad.

Last season McScoremack took an L, but this season he'll bounce back.

Surprised he's getting another chance but then again hardly going to get a stampede of other clubs interested in him after last 12 months.

I too am not convinced he'll fit into a SB team even if he gets his head sorted, might score a few more goals than last year but really don't see him being as influential as he was at Fulham, Kodjia is our number one striker here by far and deservedly so.

Â