Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

According to twitter, he went on the volunteer pre season with others. 

Good news. I think he could potentially be the difference in an ok season and promotion. 

He's the one player I think we have who could effectively partner both kodjia or hogan. 

Hope he really gives it a go this season as he's got the talent to be a major asset for us 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

He's the one player I think we have who could effectively partner both kodjia or hogan. 

Hope he really gives it a go this season as he's got the talent to be a major asset for us 

I'd like him just behind in a number 10 role .

his movement and link up play is superb when he's on his game .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

According to twitter, he went on the volunteer pre season with others. 

Good news. I think he could potentially be the difference in an ok season and promotion. 

Yep. 12 unnamed players went but they included Ross, Gabby and Micah looking at instagram 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yep. 12 unnamed players went but they included Ross, Gabby and Micah looking at instagram 

I'd be intrigued to learn their identities. Positive sign for me that they've bought into Bruce. 

McCormack definitely struggled for fitness when he came, and never seemed to recover throughout the season. He had Achilles trouble and had no pre season last year, fingers crossed it's different this time round, as his footballing brain can't be denied. 

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I'd be intrigued to learn their identities. Positive sign for me that they've bought into Bruce. 

McCormack definitely struggled for fitness when he came, and never seemed to recover throughout the season. He had Achilles trouble and had no pre season last year, fingers crossed it's different this time round, as his footballing brain can't be denied. 

McCormack, Agbonlahor, Richards, Steer, Green, Lyden, De Laet, Samba... that's all I can tell you from Social Media

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

McCormack, Agbonlahor, Richards, Steer, Green, Lyden, De Laet, Samba... that's all I can tell you from Social Media

The majority of those are coming back from injury which is good news. 

I expect Richards and gabby rocked up for the free holiday! 

13 hours ago, villan-scott said:

A bit slow out of the gate one might say?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of fitness I'm just not convinced he has a place in Bruce's system. 

I think it will depend on his attitude. He's a professional sportsman, he can't just throw his toys out of the pram just because he's not the main man, as seemed to happen last year. I think if he's willing to be a team player then there is a place for him. Without being privy to all the information though I suppose we will always be a little in the dark, which leaves room for guess work based on subjective opinion. Such as my opinion; he's a self-centred egomaniac who couldn't take not being the big man. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Would it be possible to get Ross behind both Kodjia and Hogan? I don't see why we cannot, at home especially, go out and destroy 50% of this league.

theoretically yes, you could. If Bruce opts for that is another matter ;) 

Or you could play him as part of a front four, behind the main striker, with two holding midfielders. 

..........................Hogan

Kodjia...........McCormack.......Adomah

If motivated and fit, then he would certainly give us options both in tactics and personnel. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would it be possible to get Ross behind both Kodjia and Hogan? I don't see why we cannot, at home especially, go out and destroy 50% of this league.

Steve Bruce playing three forwards? Don't think so. 

Â