Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 07/05/2017 at 01:06, Lichfield Dean said:

Probably the most intelligent footballer we have had in the last decade in terms of his movement and passing. I was so impressed watching him earlier in the season. Sadly nobody else in our team was on his wavelength. If he can get over his undoubted issues and integrate with the rest of the squad (and if Bruce can work out how to use him) he will be an absolute star.

However I remain pessimistic and do not think this will happen.

Benteke was a far superior footballer to anything McCormack has produced here.

Was watching highlights of the cup semi over Liverpool the other day and some of the moves him, Jack and D*lph were involved in were superb.

He'll be moved on as I just don't think his face fits here under Bruce (pardon the pun!)

Did we not do any background checks on him when he was signing from Fulham as that would've surely uncovered some of the off the field issues he's had this season.

On 07/05/2017 at 14:34, dudevillaisnice said:

I think he has been told to give him another chance as I'm not sure the club are keen to spend yet out another £10m+ on a striker.

We will get in a striker on a season long loan I reckon from the prem.

Is Hernandez now out of contract at Hull, he could be an option again after last summer.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is Hernandez now out of contract at Hull, he could be an option again after last summer.

Got a year left

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I thought Hernandez was out of contract, and was discussing him as a possible signing a month or so ago, but someone on here pointed out he has another year left on his contract.

Edited by NeilS
bad spelling

Hull would want a smaller fee than a year ago in any case.

Probably won't happen in any case due to the dreaded FFP as Hogan and Kodjia are earning a decent amount as are Gabby and McCormack of course.

Think a loan for a younger type of striker is far more likely. What about Calvert-Lewin from Everton, he looked lively in a few of his prem games.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is he really an upgrade on a fit and determined McCormack ? I'm not sure he is tbh 

On 5/7/2017 at 14:34, dudevillaisnice said:

I think he has been told to give him another chance as I'm not sure the club are keen to spend yet out another £10m+ on a striker.

that and we probably know nobody will take a punt on him after this season

On 5/7/2017 at 14:34, dudevillaisnice said:

that and we probably know nobody will take a punt on him after this season

• Like 1

I'd consider it an unexpected bonus IF he could contribute anything positive for us next season.

It certainly would not be something I'd bank on.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... this bloke really is a mystery. This time last year I was crying out for us to sign him, I never really knew much about the Championship before this season but even I had heard of him and knew he was a goal scorer. What went wrong?

It's really frustrating, with him in the side we should have a fantastic strike force with him Kodjia and Hogan. I really hope he can find his shooting boots next season. It seems like he was a complete nob earlier this year, fingers crossed we can get the good Ross back next season and work out how to motivate him. 7 appearances for a relegation threatened Notts, with 1 goal... wtf.

The ball will be in McCormacks court now. You'd hope he will come back relatively fit and work his bollocks off over pre season and be determined to show he warrants a place. Similar to how the penny dropped for Gabby when Bruce arrived.

I don't know if you become a bad player overnight as appeared to be the case with McCormack. He has never been a player that relied on any pace so despite him now being almost 31 I'd like to think his loss in form was simply down to his attitude and not being fit. If he can get both those things right then we could still have a very useful player at this level on our hands. It is up to him though. 

• Like 2

His attitude at Forest seemed all wrong as well. Personally I think he's shot and will end up yet again as a highly expensive Aston Villa mistake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

If he can get himself fit in pre-season he could be vital for us next season. I can see him linking up with Hogan really well whilst Kodjia is out injured.

It's so frustrating isn't it!?

There are some belters in here, and such great finishing (ignore obligatory dance music overdub) 

Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, Agbonlahor, Hepburn-Murphey, and Davis.

On paper, we have the best strikers in the league. I'd hope that Kodjia-Hogan could make themselves into a good partnership with McCormack has Hogan's sub and Gabby as Kodjia's. Then we have the kids sporadically filling in this season. 

Â