Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

McCormack is the player I most of all want to succeed next season. I thought he looked by far the best and most intelligent player we had when he played last season and he seemed to be giving 100% on the pitch. If he had personal problems, he should first and foremost have been given support and help. I hope he gets a good reception by the fans when he plays next season.

• Like 4

I have no malice towards RMC. Yes he acted like a word removed but clearly there was stuff going on behind the scenes (or gates). 

He has flown under the radar of late, and I can only take that as he has pulled his head in and it looks like he is willing to knuckle down. 

Put the ball in the back of the net son, and all will be forgotten. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yep. He's been consistently great at this level. 

I think we also forget he had no pre season last summer. I think that played a part in his struggles and then the off field problems ruined everything. 

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he scored loads and was a key player next season. 

From what I've seen I'd rather him partner kodjia than Hogan. 

This. If we go a 442.. if not I really did like him behind the strikers when RDM played him. 

Kodjia Hogan

RMC

A lethal front three. A fit Gabby RHM Davis etc. I think were okay upfront. One or two get injured.. you can play kodjia on his own and Adomah/Green on the wings. I am so glad Bruce isnt stubborn and has brought him back in. We spent alot of money on him.. he has the ability.. get him fit and he will be good for us. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, KSV said:

This. If we go a 442.. if not I really did like him behind the strikers when RDM played him. 

Kodjia Hogan

RMC

A lethal front three. A fit Gabby RHM Davis etc. I think were okay upfront. One or two get injured.. you can play kodjia on his own and Adomah/Green on the wings. I am so glad Bruce isnt stubborn and has brought him back in. We spent alot of money on him.. he has the ability.. get him fit and he will be good for us. 

Yep play him just behind the front 2 and he will create , link play and score goals for fun - also allows kodija to drift wide at times too .

• Like 2

I think a midfield and forward line of;

Adomah Hourihane Lansbury

RMC

Kodjia                Hogan

would be totally formidable... is it a bit DiMatteo though with all the attackers? I suppose if our back four are more assured and don't need Jedi in front of them we could do this for home games. 

42 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

RMC

would be totally formidable... is it a bit DiMatteo though with all the attackers? I suppose if our back four are more assured and don't need Jedi in front of them we could do this for home games. 

Wouldn't have adomah in there to be honest  - maybe whelan or jedinak to provide a bit of defensive cover. 

Let mccormack roam in the free role and I think having JT the defence will push up more allowing hourihane and Lansbury more freedom to get forward .

potent players on the bench like adomah grealish and green - could be a very strong side.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

RMC

i think the problem with this team is you have no one protecting the back four. take out adomah and put jedinak in 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

GK

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Jedinak

Hourihane Lansbury

RMC

Hogan      Kodjia

Hell of a side that!

Bang on. If that formation isnt working.. we take off two of the weaker performers and bring on Adomah and Green for width.. or vice versa depending on opponents. We have some decent depth. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

GK

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Jedinak

Hourihane Lansbury

RMC

Hogan      Kodjia

Hell of a side that!

Also a hell of a strong bench too with the likes of adomah, grealish, gabby, RHM, green , de leat, baker , etc .

Yeah, last few comments seem spot on really. I don't see Adomah being able to play any other position than a winger (he probably does deserve a spot though because he linked up well with Kodjia and created chances) and would not like to see Hourihane pushed out to the left so maybe a midfield 3 is the best option.  I'm really not a fan of 3-5-2/5-3-2 though, it didn't work last season so maybe 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 would be best to start off with.

Lansbury would do a good job as AM too, maybe switching with McCormack. You've got to play Adomah and Green on the flanks if we are playing wingers. Can't really see a place for Grealish in the side, LW? I really hope McCormack can sort out his issues and be a big contributor, he would definitely help us in an attacking sense if he is in form and in the mood.

I wonder how and where any new signings would fit in and who they would replace in the first 11? We really need to shift some players out and fast, the squad badly needs trimming.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That was my thought too @Demitri_C 

I do like Adomah though, not a great player but chipped in with a few goals last year and I think got second most assists in the league too.

Yeah i think adomah is different to the other types of players we have. Maybe green is the only similar player. But adomah is very inconsistent.  I think he is championship quality definitely wont be good enough for premier league level

• Like 1

Adomah is very effective at this level and was one of our best performers last year. Definite starter for me. I'd play 433 with Green/Grealish/Rmc and Adomah on the flanks. Hogan will need to earn his place.

Edited by PatrickCousens

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

lineup.png

Impressive, and with a strong bench already.

If we can bring in any new signings now that can improve this side then we will be sorted for the new season.

Really excited to see what RMC can do in this side.

9 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Adomah is very effective at this level and was one of our best performers last year. Definite starter for me. I'd play 433 with Green/Grealish/Rmc and Adomah on the flanks. Hogan will need to earn his place.

I'm not so sure on this myself.

It's odd to say but his stats hide the fact that he went missing in a lot of games.

Most of our attacks went through him and kodge so they will be quite high but I'd love to see the stat of percentage of chances to producing anything. 

Im not saying I don't want him here but I think having him as first choice won't be good enough to gain automatic promotion.

• Like 1

Â