Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

If Ross gets his game together he could be a huge asset this season - he's proven quality at this level and hopefully has come back firing.

I agree it could even feel like signing him again all over - I don't think their is one of us who wasn't pleased when he signed last year- some may consider this a bold statement but in my view a fully fit and focussed McCormack is the best striker at the club - now whether he can reach his previous heights is another question altogether - if so we would in effect have a new signing on our hands 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised he's getting another chance but then again hardly going to get a stampede of other clubs interested in him after last 12 months.

I am not, the last Scot we put in a bomb squad is still with us 2 contracts later :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave J said:

I agree it could even feel like signing him again all over - I don't think their is one of us who wasn't pleased when he signed last year- some may consider this a bold statement but in my view a fully fit and focussed McCormack is the best striker at the club - now whether he can reach his previous heights is another question altogether - if so we would in effect have a new signing on our hands 

I tell you what would be like a new signing...

a new signing

It's easy to forget this is a player who was approaching 30 goals for the past few seasons. He's obviously had his struggles but I think he's worth another shot. Getting in his case does neither him or the club any favours. 

Come on Ross, show us the lethal, creative player we've seen for the numerous years. 

Great to see him back in the fold. He was my favourite player in those first 10 games under RDM. He was so creative and we were creating so many chances (he led the chances created as well i believe). So he wasnt going that bad even though he didnt get too many goals himself. 

• Like 4

Yep, great to see the olive branch out.  A good pre-season and properly integrated, and hopefully we'll see the player we thought we'd bought, and the player who has terrorised this division in the preceding few years.  He's awkward to accommodate so he's awkward for opponents to pick up.  If we could somehow get him operating effectively behind Kodjia & Hogan then boy oh boy.  All these strikers.  I'm beginning to sound like Tactical Timothy of Sherwood.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

also credit to Bruce for not being a stubborn like previous managers. He could be chip in with some vital goals this season. 

I think Steve is that sort of guy....no nonsense, but fair.

If Mac sorts himself out.....both parties could be laughing.....the guy does have a football brain.

fingers crossed.

Edited by TRO

On 6/14/2017 at 16:24, Czechlad said:

Kodjia, Hogan, McCormack, Agbonlahor, Hepburn-Murphey, and Davis.

On paper, we have the best strikers in the league. I'd hope that Kodjia-Hogan could make themselves into a good partnership with McCormack has Hogan's sub and Gabby as Kodjia's. Then we have the kids sporadically filling in this season. 

completely agree with that. And in games we are chasing, in a 4-2-3-1 I wouldn't mind seeing (for 20 mins or so at the end of a game at most) Kodjia/Gabby LW, McCormack/Jack ACM, Adomah RW and Hogan up top. 

he has a place to play in this squad still I hope

Aston-Villa-in-Portugal.jpg

Lost alot of weight of his face and looks in great shape, been putting in the extra yards between the end of last season and preseason apparently.

I think he will surprise this season and be up there with Kodija and Hogan in terms of goals.

I hope someone teaches him to tie his shoelaces though or he's going to trip over and get injured.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Aston-Villa-in-Portugal.jpg

Lost alot of weight of his face and looks in great shape, been putting in the extra yards between the end of last season and preseason apparently.

I think he will surprise this season and be up there with Kodija and Hogan in terms of goals.

I hope someone teaches him to tie his shoelaces though or he's going to trip over and get injured.

Delighted to see him looking fit and fired up - quality player .

• Like 4

I know this is a stupid saying, but if Bruce can get Ross fit, Ross will be like a new signing. We forget that Ross has pretty consistently been one of the best players in the championship for years. 

• Like 2

Â